☆39☆

"Y/n?"

You wake up to see Luz hovering over you.

"Oh good you're okay!" Luz said giving you a big hug.

"Luz!" You say, hugging her.

"What happened?" You say.

"Hunter, he... we got here too late-" Luz says.

"Me, Eda, and Lilith were at the market looking for more items for another potion. And when we came back we just saw Hunter, pacing in a circle around you, talking to himself. He looked like he was going insane." Luz said.

"He was going on about the human realm, Belos, and he was saying "I'm sorry" over and over and over again." Luz said.

"His hands were like, groping the hair on his head as he was pacing, and he was covered in blood. And as soon as he saw us he flew away." Luz said.

"I'm just so glad you're okay, I- I thought since he was pacing around your unconscious body mumbling and groping his head like a mad man he killed you..!" Luz cries.

"No- it's the curse, he told me it would eventually make him like- psycho or something the worse it gets, I think it's reached that point." You say.

You feel your chest, and notice that the key is gone.

"Oh no!" You say.

"What?"

"He took the key!" You say.

"Oh no no no! We need to go after him!" Luz says.

"Hold on you guys." Eda says, walking into the room.

"Maybe we need to wait a moment before we immediately go after him." Eda says.

"He's saving that blood for the day of unity." Eda says.

"He won't use it right away, we have time." Eda says.

"If anything, we should wait, maybe this will help the kid, he said his curse would only be broken if he proves himself to the emperor right?" Eda says.

"Maybe in Belos's mind, him proving himself was finding that blood." Eda says.

"If he gives it to Belos maybe he will lift the curse." Eda says.

"He's got to, at this rate the boy will die with the amount of blood he's lost, if Belos lifts the curse his health will go back to normal." Eda says.

"Now if he returned to him without any injuries, I'm sure he would make him keep the curse, but since he's on the verge of dying from that curse, Belos will have to lift it." Eda says.

"Give it a bit, I'm sure everything will be fine." Eda says, walking out.

"How's your head? He knocked you out pretty hard." Luz says.

"It's fine, just hurts a little." You say.

"I'll get more ice." Luz says.

Hunter POV

Hunter finally arrived at the castle, still covered in blood, he looked like he was rotting, literally rotting.

Weakly, he was treading throughout the halls of the emperors coven, leaving a sickly blood trail. It was surprising he was still alive. Coven guards eyed him in shock, not bothering to help, just staring at him and his bloody trail with the necklace and key dangling in his fingers.

Finally after the long amount of treading the halls, about to fall over and die, he made it to the emperors doorstep. Kiki right in front of it.

"Wow." Kiki simply said looking at him.