☆12☆

It's been about another hour or so. You refuse to believe this is real, you sit there in silence, holding your hands together, staring at absolutely nothing.

Why haven't you left yet? You were relieved off of duty. Every now and then a tear shed down your cheek, you were trying to hold it in, holding in all this anxiety and sadness made you look like you were sitting there holding your breath.

You hear some noise down the hallway, 2 people seem to be talking but their voices are hard to make out what they're saying. One of them seems to be approaching this way, you can hear the footsteps, so you quickly stand up and as your about to leave the door already opens.

"I-I'm so sorry! I was going to leave I just-"you begin but then realize who it is.

"Whats wrong? What happened?" Hunter says, approaching you.

You stand there frozen, staring at him.

"Were... you crying?" He asks.

You clench your fists and slap him.

"OW!!" He yells.

"This is the second time I got slapped today... Cmon.." he whines.

"WAS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A PRANK?!" You yell.

"No?" Hunter says.

"one of the guards told me you were dead idiot!!" You yell.

"It's... a long story, I'm fine now!" Hunter says.

"IDIOT!" You yell, punching him in the stomach, it wasn't hard enough to hurt him though, it only made him laugh.

"Oh your hurt.." you say noticing a wound on his forehead.

"Ah it's nothing." He says.

"Sit down sit down." You say, pulling out some bandages from your bag.

He sits down and you cast a healing spell on it, before slapping the bandage on. He flinched a little.

"Ow..." he whines.

"Shut up." You say.

"Hey mind explaining what happened?" You ask.

"Ah.... Well I was on a mission.. my ship got ambushed, by the human, got ambushed again by Kikimoras dragon, we crashed, Kikimora pronounced me as dead and passed it on, cause she wants my job. Me and the human had to form a truce and work together to get what we were both after. I failed my mission, Belos isn't too happy, I got switched out with Kikimora." Hunter frowns.

"Geez... Hunter I'm so sorry." You say.

"It's fine! It's fine! I just gotta prove to Belos what I can do! Then I should get my job back!" Hunter says.

You put your hands on his cheeks. His eyes widen and he stares at you.

"You need sleep." You say.

"Ahaha.. yeah.." Hunter laughs awkwardly.

"Look you have eyebags." You says rubbing under his eyes.

"I always have.." he says getting all pink.

"Well!! Um- like you said I should get some rest, andddd you too, I mean look at you, I probably scared you half to death.." Hunter laughs slowly removing your hands.

"Wait! Were you crying?" He asked.

"......no." You lie.

"Liar~ aww you care about me!!" Hunter chuckles.

"Of course I do you're my best friend." You say.

"You consider me a best friend?? Really?!" Hunters eyes light up.

"Yeah, I feel like I get along with you most." You say.

"I'm honored~ I will cherish the best friend label forever!" Hunter smirks.

"Um, for real though, I'm really sorry i scared you, I should have tried to get here sooner." Hunter says seriously.

You look down.

"I'm sorry." He says walking up to you, taking your hand.

You hug him. Which immediately surprises him, making him reach his arms out in surprise, then softly hugging you back, once processing the situation.

"Idiot." You mumble.

"Ehehe.." he laughs.

You let go and smile. He ends up walking you to the front, talking with you along the way. Your just so glad he's back you couldn't even process the situation back when he wasn't there, now that he's back you no longer have to worry.

He's kind enough to take you home too with his staff. You hold onto his waist from behind like you usually do, and he speeds up to your place.

Finally he drops you off and helps you off his staff.

"You gonna come tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yeah, I will." You say.

He smiles.

"Good." He softly says.

Hunter grins and gets onto his staff.

"Byeeeee!" He says before zooming off.

You watch him zoom off onto the distance, gosh having him back is such a relief.

Hunter POV:

I'm such an idiot, if only I was more faster, I could have gotten to her more soon and she wouldn't have been so stressed out, god damn it... I'm a terrible friend! I made her cry!

And what makes me even more of an idiot?! I lost my job... ugh I'm useless..!

I remember back when we were in my room, and when she placed her hands on my cheeks. I suddenly start to feel my cheeks heat up again.

"Her.. hands are soft." I softly say.

I finally make it back to the castle and lye on my bed, I check my calendar, still a ways away.

Would it be weird if I asked her? It would wouldn't it? She's just a friend nothing more, why am I thinking this in the first place?

To be fair.. I feel... ever since I met her I was eager to talk to her, even when I barely knew her and saw her in the halls, I wanted to talk to her but I was way too scared.

I sit up and pull out the box on the bottom shelf I told her not to look at. I told her not to look at it cause it's where I'm keeping the masks I'm making.

I lye the masks out on my desk and I continue crafting them like I did yesterday. Why am I so motivated for this? I'm usually not motivated to do things like this.

And normally I never want to hang out with anyone, but her. I don't know why but she makes me feel... comfortable.

I put down my paintbrush.