☆28☆

A couple more days passed and it's now early in the morning. You were practicing all night for your bard competition, it's later today.

'Hey?' Hunter said through the necklace, startling you.

'Hi! You're still coming right?' You ask

'Yeah of course, how are you?' He asked.

'Fine I've been practicing all night.' You reply.

'Can I hear??' Hunter asks.

'No you gotta wait for the performance!' You say.

'I know but with all the other instruments I'll barely hear yours alone. I wanna hear you.' He says.

'I Guess.' You roll your eyes with a dorky smile.

'Go on, play it!' Hunter says cheerfully.

You ready your flute and begin playing a calm yet strong melody. Farther away, lies Hunter on his bed, hugging his legs with his eyes closed, listening to you play.

Your fingers were dancing against the silver flute, pressing down on all the right places to emit the noises you need to play. It was pure music, if you were to think of music, you would think of how you were playing. He pictured it, he pictured what you'd look like playing it, how beautiful you'd look.

He thought it was beautiful, he loved the sound that you were creating from that instrument. You put down your flute and stood there in silence, waiting for him to talk.

'That was lovely.' He said softly.

You heat up, the way he said it was so genuine and kind, you can already picture what face he could be making at the moment, he'd probably have his eyes widened, his ears pink and his lips slightly parted in awe, and you were exactly right, he was making that face.

'I'm glad you like it, I've been practicing for ages.' You reply.

'Be careful when you go out, I don't want someone hurting your beautiful playing.' He said.

You blush, and hold the flute against your heart.

'I will.' You smile.

'I'll see you.' Hunter says.

'I'll see you too.' You reply.

You wanted to tell him you love him, but you both are too early in the relationship, is it bad of you to think that much of him? That you already want to tell him those words? You can't help it, you do, you love him. He's so kind, and gentle, he's perfect.

A couple hours passed and it was time. You were at the field you guys were playing at, you were cleaning out your flute, and you and your bard mates were rehearsing before starting. You were kinda scared, you knew you were gonna be the first to be taken down, you play a whimsy old flute. Most of the other bard players with tubas or cellos or guitars were treated way more seriously. They were seen as the popular bard kids, cause they're usually the students who own all the competitions.

The time came where you had to walk on the field, you saw Glandus's team walk on the field too, you and your bard mates were exchanging menacing glares at glandus's bard kids. They all looked way more nerdy and lame anyway.

You didn't spend your time glaring at Glandus too long though, you were mainly whirling your head around wildly, trying to look for Hunter. He wasn't anywhere in the crowd. You managed to spot your parents though.

You frowned. Maybe he won't show up, maybe he had to make up for a last minute shift.

It's fine. It's understandable.