☆29☆

Hunter was fidgeting with his hair, trying to make sure he doesn't look messy or weird infront of your parents. I mean, he's met your mom before, and she was really nice. But your dad? Oh boy, he has no idea what his expectations are.

"Stop messing with it, it's fine!" You say swatting his hands.

"Do i look...like.. weird? What are your dad's expectations, Do I look nerdy? Do I look to gentlemanly, am I too much or too little? What am I?" He says nervously.

"You're Hunter, and you look fine." You say grabbing his hands.

He blushes and shuts up, and immediately nods.

"There they are, come on!" You say dragging him with you.

His hearts racing out of nervousness.

"Hey! Here he is! I found him!" You say dragging him up to present to your parents.

"Oh! Caleb was his name right? Hi Caleb!" Mom smiles.

"Caleb" awkwardly laughs and nods.

Your Father stares at Caleb with no expression on his face. Hunter tenses up.

"So food then?" Dad says.

Like that, you all go out to eat.

It's a simple not too fancy restaurant, but not too bad restaurant. You got a nice seat. You sat alongside Hunter as your parents sat across from you both.

"How have you two been? Didn't you guys go to Grom together? How was that?" Mom beams.

"Good it was nice." You smile. Hunter nods.

"Oh how good. Do you both know what you want to eat yet?" She asks.

"I think I have some of an idea." You say.

"What about you Hu- Caleb." You say stopping yourself.

"Uh... maybe this I guess." He says pointing at a food item on the menu.

The waiter comes around.

"Can I get you guys something to drink?" She asks.

"WILLOW?!" You Yelp.

"Oh! Y/n! Hey!" She blushes embarrassed.

"I didn't know you worked here." You grin.

"Is this your family? Hi! I'm y/ns friend Willow!" Willow beams

"I didn't know you had a brother." Willow says looking at Hunter.

That's right. Willow hasn't met Hunter yet, let alone know he's the golden guard.

"Oh, no he's my um.. well we're seeing each other." You smile.

"Oh cool! What's your name?" Willow asks.

"Caleb." Hunter says looking away.

"Well, I'm Willow, nice to meet you. So did you wanna start off with something to drink, or are you guys ready to order?" She asks, pulling out her little notebook.

Everyone orders their own thing and she then takes the menus and goes on her way. We all chat about how the bard competition was, and the parents ask more about Hunters interests and try to get to know him a little more.

A few moments pass by and Willow ends up bringing your food and drinks.

"here you go, oh!" Willow emits a tiny gasp and drops one of your drinks by accident.

Hunter flinches, trying to shield you from the spilled drink but he was too late, It got all over your clothes.

"Oh Y/N I'm so sorry! i only just got this job, I'm trying to learn how to balance all this on a tray..!" She says scarcely, quickly putting the tray down.