My first friends

A week has passed and Kosi and I have become really good friends. I also made friends with a few other girls, Crystabel AKA Bella, Amanda and Williams.

Bella and Amanda sit in front of Kosi and I, and Williams sit beside me.

I don't like Williams that much though, she has a nasty character. She fought all the time within the time range from when I first came to school and now.

Bella on the other hand, is quiet and gentle, a bit like me.

Amanda is noisy and talkative, but she seems like a sweet girl.

 As the bellringer rang the bell for lunch break, I quickly ate my food and went straight to the library.

The door still wasn't open. I waited and waited, no one came to open it. I asked my friends where I could find the chemistry teacher, they told me he was in the staff room, I still find that strange even though I found out about it last week.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Chemistry teacher, Sir.". I greeted as I walked towards him in the staff room.

"Just call me Mr. Chemistry. Okay?" He chuckled.

"Ok Sir" I replied. "Sir, the library isn't open" I complained.

He looked suprised. "Is that so?" He said.

He stood up, went up to the Bursar's office, where I think he collected the key from because I saw him holding up a key as he walked down the stairs form the Bursar's office. He opened the library and laughed away.

"What a funny teacher" I said to myself.

I opened the door and, wow, it was a small room filled with books, and chairs. It, of course looked like an actual library, it was just rather small. I walked in anyway and spent the rest of my lunch break reading books.

As I walked out of the library when lunch break was over, I glanced at Kosi who was speaking to Daniel. I felt a ting of jealousy.

"Why do I feel this way now that Kosi and Daniel are speaking to each other?" I thought.

I quickly dismissed the thought and walked past them to class. Few seconds later, Kosi skipped in happily saying,

"Girls, I know who Daniel is".

"Of course you do, He's Daniel. Duuuh! " Williams said. Kosi rolled her eyes and ignored her.

"Daniel and I were classmates in my primary school".

"No way!" We all chorused.

"Yeah, and can I tell you guys a secret? " Kosi whispered.

"Yes totally.". I said, my eyes growing big and my ears waiting.

"I have a crush on him".

No way! My heart sank.

Noooo! I kind of like Daniel too, I'm not completely sure though.

I made a sad look at Daniel, he looked over at me and smiled.

Oh My Gosh! I was not expecting him to look at me.

I looked away immediately, feeling shy and embarrassed that he caught me staring at him.

Later today, during one of our free periods, I got bored. The class was as noisy as always and I was beginning to get a headache.

I brought out the earpiece my Father bought me when I complained of the noise my classmates made in my primary school.

I brought out my song book as well, where I keep a record of all the songs and poems I've written. I put on my earpiece and decided to read through my book, I read my first song "I'm Free".

I'm not a prisoner or a slave,
I'm not an animal trapped in a cage,
I'm like a feather that moves and flies,
I've got my own space and I can use it.
This girl just wanna have fun!

CHORUS:
Oh yeah, I'm movin',
Movin' here and there,
Scattering everywhere but I'm having fun (Go, go!).(2x)
Cos I go ready, ready, ready to prove who I am,
I'm not afraid, afraid or scared of anyone.
I'm free! Free at last, free at least, free at last.
I'm free-e-e-e-e-e-e-eee.

I'm not a puppet that's controlled by any ----- "What are you doing?" I heard someone ask as I read the lyrics to my song.

I looked up to see a boy in my class who I think goes by the name of Kemi. "I'm reading through the lyrics of a song I wrote". I said.

"You write songs? I'm sure it's about glitter, colourful stuff and other girl stuff". He said as he brought his chair nearer to my seat.

"Why are you coming here?" I asked.

"I'm bored, don't you want me here?" He asked.

"Not necessarily.". I replied.

"Ok, can I see your song?". He asked.

"Sure.", and with that, I gave him my book and let him read through the lyrics.

"Nice song.". He said.

"Can you sing it?" He asked grinning widely.

"Oh! Well, I. . .I don't want to attract attention.". I lied.

"Just sing it quietly, okay". I gulped.

I looked over at my friends who were suprisingly and disgustingly spying on Kemi and I. They gave me a thumbs up. After taking some deep breaths I began to sing.

As soon I was done, I looked over at kemi to see his reaction. His mouth was dangling wide open.

"What?" I nervously asked.

" I. . . I'm just shocked. You've got skills Tega, love the name by the way, sounds like I'm saying 'Tiger'". He smiled.
I looked down at my book.

After school, I waited for Williams, Amanda, Bella and Kosi, so that we could walk home together.

"What was that? Amanda asked.

"What was what? " I replied.

"You and Kemi". Bella answered.

"Oh, He said he was bored and came to meet me. Then asked me to sing the song he saw me reading". I explained.

"You sang to him? How romantic". Kosi said dreamingly.

"Blah, I feel like vomitting at the sound of that word. Girls we're just in JSS 1, most of us aren't teenagers yet. What do you know about romance?! " I replied.

"Whatever". Kosi said.

We walked home in silence after that as there was nothing else to talk about.