Jealousy is the root to all evil

"Williams wait!" I yelled as I stood up to run after her. Suddenly I felt something pull me back and I looked behind me.

"Please don't. You can ask her later. Right now let's just hang. . . without HER". Kemi said, stressing "Her".

"Ok then. So I've been meaning to tell you, no one bothered to tell you the day you didn't come to school and I forgot, we have a kick - off test on History tomorrow". I said.

"Seriously? How could you forget about it, you know how long last term's history notes were. I can't read all today within few hours". He exclaimed.

"Ok, then study now. I can help, I know most of the topics already since I read it during the holiday". I said feeling oddly happy.

We began to study together. Kemi was also my academic partner.

I'm not a fan of studying in groups. I hate it because to me their distracting and I HATE distractions when I want to study, but fondly, I preferred to study with Kemi than my other girl friends. He could be very distracting but when it came to studying he was really serious.

I was glad he was my best friend, my guy best friend.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A month later:

Williams was acting really strange. Few weeks ago, I discovered that she has a diary and she lets Amanda and Bella read it whenever they want.

The thought of keeping a diary and then letting random people read my most private and personal thoughts was just creepy.

"Good thing I don't keep a diary" I said to myself.

Since I was William's best friend I was positive that she would let me read her diary if I wanted, not like I was interested to anyway.

Each time I approached Williams while she wrote in her diary, she got startled and left the position she was seating in. And when Bella and Amanda read her diary and I walk pass them, they often stop to look at me with wierd and odd expressions on their faces.

I got suspicious. What was she writing in her diary and most importantly. . . what was she writing about me?

After the bell ringer rang the bell for school dismissal, I ran to the girls' toilet while other students went downstairs for the afternoon assembly.

It was stinky but I had to bear it for sometime. When I felt there was no one else upstairs I ran back to my class.

Luckily, Williams left her school bag in classroom. I opened it and found her diary hidden in a very secretive part of her bag that only the both of us knew about because my school bag was an exact replica of hers.

I ran to the girls' bathroom once again, locked myself in and began to read her diary. I skipped many parts because our afternoon assembly doesn't last for long. I stopped at the page I saw my name and began reading:

Dear diary,
        I have a confession to make. I have a HUGE crush on Kemi and I desperately want to talk to him. I want to be his friend but the problem is that befriending Kemi as a girl is very difficult.

He's not very friendly towards girls. No one knows how Tega ended up as his BEST friend, she's so lucky. . . And I HATE it!

Tega is my good friend, I figured if I become close friends with her I automatically become friends with Kemi. I set my plan to work weeks ago and now we're besties.

Tega was such a fool to think I would actually want to be best friends with her. I can't stand her, I HATE her!!!

For one thing she's Kemi's BEST FRIEND. Secondly, she's the teacher's pet. Every teacher at our school absolutely adore her, even the Igbo language teacher considers her his most serious student despite the fact that she's not good at Igbo language. Thirdly, everyone secretly worship her. Every single day I overhear students say things like:
"She's so lucky.".
"She's extremely pretty, she looks American".
"Her hair is very long. I heard she've never caught her hair since childhood".
"She's so humble and smart, I wish I was like her sometimes".

Blah! It sickens me and I just want to get away from her as soon as possible, but then each time I see her around Kemi I feel jealous and a strong desire to go there. I always make sure my seat is in the middle of Kemi and Tega, although somehow, he finds his way to her.

♥️Williams.

Dear diary, I saw Bella and Amanda stare at Tega today as she passed by them. They were reading what I had written previously.

I knew they wouldn't say anything because they didn't like Tega either, "Everyone sees her as a perfectionist, leaving US in the dark. She's a really sweet girl and we love her, but we just can't take it anymore", They had said to me before they broke our quad bond. I have to go now, my mum just called me for lunch.

♥️Williams.

I finally stopped reading it, tears gathering round my eyes. I ran to keep her diary In her school bag. I spent the rest of my time crying in the girls' toilet.

It was all a lie! They were all lies!!

I thought I had friends, true friends I could talk to about my problems just like Kemi except, feminine, but it was too good to be true.

I decided to walk to home alone today, I wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone. I went home, locked myself in my bedroom and cried some more, staring at the ceiling.

This was nothing like my primary school life. I wished I could go back.