Unusual Christmas

The first activity which took place in the party was a series of Christmas carols with the 12 Days of Christmas being the finale.

It was performed by the JSS 1 class so, no doubt, there were times they went off key.

Other classes performed various dances, plays and some, sing-alongs. And soon it was time for the gift giving. For the first time it made me feel sick.

Students moved around the place, handing out gifts and getting back.

I knew I wouldn't get anything good from Kosi for Christmas but I decided to play along anyway.

I moved around the place, looking for Daniel and finally found him sitting alone in the corner.

"Uum, Merry Christmas. Here's your gift" I said handing him a wrist watch my mum bought for me to give whoever I was to give gift.

"Thanks. Trust me, I'll cherish this forever" He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and hissed, "Abeg shut up. It's not like I chose to give you this".

For a second he looked genuiely hurt and I almost wanted to apologize. I decided to leave there quickly instead but someone dragged me from behind.

"Daniel, what's your problem. Don't ruin Christmas for me!" I said angrily.

"Do me a favor and hang out with me for Christmas" He said, tightening his hold around me.

"Noooo! See Kosi there. Please leave me alone" I said.

"I'm lonely, I thought you use to love hanging out with me" He smiled sadly.

"That was when you were more sane and not...falling harder, I guess. Where's Omega?" I asked, trying to change the topic and loosen from his grip.

"He went to hang with his secret Santa" He explained.

"Oh! I have to go too. My secret santa's waiting for me" I couldn't believe I actually said that, but the last thing I needed right then was for Kosi to find me "hanging out" with Daniel.

"Can't I be your secret Santa?" He asked.

"I believe it's too late to ask that question" I said. Once again, I tried to get out of his hold.

I did that for about a minute when finally I saw Kemi at a corner moving to another direction.

"Kemi!" I yelled.

"Shh, he won't hear you so don't bother" He said.

"Kemi!!!" I yelled again but he didn't seem to hear. Probably because of the music.

"KEMI!!!" I yelled. This time he turned around and tried to trace the direction at which he heard his name.

I'm already tired of shouting.

"Am I that irritating or annoying that you don't want to stay with me?" Daniel asked.

"Thank God you said it yourself" I said, and for the last time, I shouted out Kemi's name "KEMI!!!!".

This time he looked at my direction and ran towards me.

"What happened?" He asked, looking at Daniel he smiled and waved "Guy, how far".

I mentally did a face palm.

I stretched my hands out at him "I'm stuck! This guy won't leave me alone".

"Daniel what's your problem sef. How do you expect a girl to like you like this" He said and grabbed my hand trying to pull me out. I noticed Daniel held me tighter.