Christmas party

It was the day of the Christmas party and Sister Kemo had decided to help me get dressed.

I had taken my bath, put on my dress and made my hair the day before.

I had put on a red Ankara outfit which was divided in the middle from the waist down and wore my blue jeans trousers on it.

And then, I made a simple packing gel hairstyle with base.

"Oooh! I don't want make-up, I'm too young for that!" I yelled.

"Otega, this is not make up. Just small lipstick that I want to rub on your lips, you sef eeh. Stay in one place."   She replied, slight annoyance laced in her voice.

When she was done, I stood up from the long chair I sat on in her room, grabbed my bag and began to go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Where do you think you're going?" Sister Kemo scoffed.

"The dining room to eat breakfast" I said in a duuh tone.

"You're not going anywhere until you put on these heels I bought for you" She said.

I dropped my bag and engulfed her in a hug.
"Thanks sooo much, you're the best!" I beamed.

"I know" she smiled, "Try it on!".

I grabbed the heels from her, sat on the bed and put it on.

After wearing it, I stood up and went over to the mirror on the wall.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the prettiest of them all" I smiled.

"Me, of course" Sister Kemo voiced.

"It's a lie!" I giggled.

"Come" Sister Kemo called and walked to her wardrobe.

I did as she instructed and followed her. She brought out a box that was wrapped with green wrapping paper and red ribbons.

"Take, Merry Christmas in advance dear" She smiled as she handed me the box.

"Thanks, pretty wrapping paper" I said and excitedly tore it off. I finally opened the box and was filled with joy on seeing my gift.

"OMG!!! Finally! Thank you so so so much, Sister Kemo. You're the best!" I yelled and hugged her.

Then moving away I asked, "How did you afford this?".

"I told Dad I wanted to buy you a phone for Christmas and he lent me some money, but sha he said that you're not allowed to use it until you enter SS 1. You're free to use it for only today so from tomorrow this phone is mine" She smiled.

"Whatever, thanks anyway" I beamed.

"You're welcome, I already bought SIM card for you. All you just need to do is put the phone on, I bought 1000 naira MTN recharge card for you so browse how you like" She said, gleefully.

"You're the best, Sister Kemo" I gushed.

"I know, oya start going and enjoy yourself. Sha, if you're lucky, I might come" She said.

I ran to my parents room to check if my dad was ready.

"Daddy I'm ready!" He turned away from the mirror and stared at me.

"Wow! My little princess is set for her party" He smiled.

"Make sure you take a lot of pictures with that new phone your sister bought for you oo" My mother called.

I smiled, ran downstairs to eat breakfast and when I was done, I jumped into my Dad's car and went off to the venue of our Christmas party.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Kemi's POV:
I woke up in no rush at all. I checked my phone.