Trouble in paradise

I sat on my seat continuously staring at the back of Daniel's head. We had a new seat arrangement since we're in a new class (by the way JSS 2 is also known as Eighth grade) and Daniel was placed in front of me.

Unfortunately, Kosi was made to sit by my right while a girl in my class known as Kelechi, who we call KC for short, sits by my left. She seemed nice.

It's hard to actually stare at Daniel's head when my ex-friend who is now my enemy has a crush on him too and hates me because of him.

I tried to pay attention in class but I kept staring at his head, noticing the shape of his head as what I usually call "Butt head" because it has the shape of a butt, but since it's Daniel's I'll call is Dani's head.

"Tega what are the five generation computers and what year were they created?". Mrs Martha, the computer teacher asked, giving me a questioning look.

I snapped back to reality and i saw everyone staring at me, including Daniel, waiting for me to answer the question.

Lucky, I read that topic last week. I began with the first generation computer to the fifth and made sure to mention the time limit they were each being used. The computer teacher rolled her eyes at me and continued with the lesson.

"That was a close one, good thing you were paying attention". Daniel whispered to me.

OMG!! Daniel actually spoke to me and he's looking at me. Wait! He's looking at me.

"Ummm, oh I, uhh, I, me, thank...me, I mean thank YOU". I stuttered, smiling like an idiot.

"Okeeeeey". He said and turned around.

Uh! Tega you messed up big time.

I slapped my palm on my forehead.

At home:

"She no go fit come here oo! She is evil! Abi you don forget the trouble she cause me wen she come visit us last time?!" (She can't come here! She's evil! Have you forgotten the number of trouble she caused the last time she visited?!) I heard my mother yell as I walked into the house.

"Mummy Migwor ma. Who is coming?" I asked excitedly.

"No one is coming. Go to your room!" She shouted.

Uh oh! My mum seems really angry. I wonder why.

I went to my room and changed out of my uniform. I did some of my home work and then stopped to eat dinner. I went to the kitchen to eat whatever food was left there and discovered that my parents were still arguing.

"What more do you want me to say Margaret!". I heard my father say. "She came to us and apologized, she's a changed person now".

"Wetin be we. We, as in your papa them abi, Enita no apologize to me anything. E be like say she lie again.". My mother said.

Aunty Enita? My favorite Aunt? Is that who they're talking about or are they talking about another Enita? She's so nice and playful, how could my own mother speak of her like that.

"Margaret, please calm down before the children come out of their rooms. I don't see why you're so mad, especially after she apologized. She was literally shedding blood!" My father yelled.

"SHE ALMOST DESTROYED OUR MARRIAGE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!" My mum yelled.

Whaaaaaaaaaat! I'm speechless. It must've been another Enita, not my Aunty, definitely not.

I knew It wasn't nice to eves drop but I just HAD to know what actually happened. I leaned in closer to listen better and ...

"What was that?" I heard my mum ask.

Shoot! I accidentally knocked down a pot, thank goodness it was empty. I quickly ran back upstairs to my room. I footsteps slowly moving upstairs.

Oh no! I was so dead!

Ding dong!

The doorbell rang. And I heard footsteps running downstairs. I came out of my room and ran downstairs too.

"Margaret! Brother Ernest!". I heard a voice call. It sounded familiar. I peeked through the door that separated the stairs from the living room.

Aunty Enita!!

I ran to the door to hug her.

"Aunty Enita!!! Migwor ma" I greeted, hugging her.

"Vrendo Tega". She paused and looked at me, "Just look at how much you've grown! What class are you in now?" She asked.

"JSS 2" I said.

"Wow! You're a big girl now. Where's Enohor?"

"She's sleeping in her room".

"Ok" She replied. "Where's Kemo then?".

"She now studies in a University in Edo state, she attemped senior WAEC in her SS 2 and passed" I answered.

"Oh wow! That's great!" She said.

I looked over at my mum who was glaring at her, her eyes full of hate and detest, arms crossed.

"Margaret". Aunty Enita called, making an attempt to hug my mother.

"Don't". My mother simply said and stormed off. I guess they were talking about MY Aunt Enita after all. I looked at Aunty Enita, giving my father a childish grin. I went upstairs to my room.

"SHE ALMOST DESTROYED OUR MARRIAGE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!" Those words kept echoing in my head. It was unbelievable. I decided to finish up my homework and read my books to keep my brain busy and eventually, I fell asleep.