Gunshot on Kemi

I had to admit, yesterday wasn't my best day and it turned out to be even worse. The armed men K.C and I saw yesterday were robbers.

I heard they had escape from prison and came to the street of my school to get revenge on the residents there because, apparently, they led to men's imprisonment.

When K.C and I had gotten to the school compound, we raced to our class and stayed there panicking and confused.

"W-what just happened?" Stella asked as she ran into the class, along with the rest of the class.

"I have no idea. I'm just as confused as you are" K.C replied.

We remained in the class as the class fell silent. I could literally hear my heartbeat. I looked around the classroom and I noticed one person in particular was absent.

My heart pounded harder as I rose up in fear.

"Where's Kemi?!" I yelled. My classmates all began to talk at once which didn't help matters.

Suddenly, we heard the door knob click, the class fell silent as heads turned. The person walked in and to my relief it was Kemi.

He was limping as he walked inside and held his left hand which was badly injured. He looked weak and soon enough, he fell to the ground.

"Oh My Gosh!" I yelled as I ran towards him, "What happened?!" I asked, as tears began to drop from my eyes.

"Take me to a hospital" He said, barely a whisper.

He groaned loudly as more blood poured. My classmates refused to come out of the class because they were still scared.

Soon enough, I noticed Kemi began to fall unconscious. That's when I really began to panic.

I ran out of the class in search of help. Yelling and crying for anyone to help me.
I ran down the stairs and headed towards the staff room when I realized it was locked. I pounded loudly on the door, yelling for help but no one answered. All the students remained in their classes.

Everyone had neglected me, they all ran to safety and hid themselves.

I was too scared to think about the consequences of what I was about to do but I did it anyway. I ran out of the school gate, moving around the streets. The armed men were at a different area in the street and I was still careful not to gain their attention. I ran to the junction and went from store to store.

It felt as though I was invisible and no one could hear me. Everyone I came across kept ignoring me and refused to help.

Finally a woman who happened to be a police agreed to help me. She followed me to the school, contacted a nearby hospital and got Kemi into an ambulance and arrested the armed men.

I pleaded with the woman to let me in the ambulance with Kemi but she refused. She met with the school principal and she called Kemi's parents.

School was dismissed after the men's arrest and I went home in a terrible mood. Thoughts of what Kemi could be passing through at that very moment in the hospital haunted me.

"Mummy, please, please, take me to St. Mary's Hospital" I pleaded, "Kemi is there right now and he's badly hurt" I told my mother as soon as I got home. She looked surprised and quickly got the car key and got changed.

I expected to see Kemi's parents when we got there, but to my utmost disappointment they weren't around.
We met with the doctor who attended to Kemi.

"Can we see him? Is he okay? Is he hurt? Is he still unconscious? HOW IS HE?!!!" I yelled. My mother pulled me away from the doctor and apologized for the way I spoke.