Tega and Kemi's Birthday

"Happy Birthday Tega". I opened my eyes with no feeling of sleepiness. I wasn't sleeping anyway, I had spent the whole of last night crying.

"Kemi how did you enter my room?". I asked, nonchalantly.

"You didn't lock it, obviously". He said. I rolled my eyes at him and covered my face with my pillow.

Life sucks!

"It's okay if you don't want to celebrate your birthday anymore. I understand how it feels to lose your loved one". I gave him a fake smile, holding back tears.

"Kemi, I promised you an awesome birthday and I'm going to give it to you. I have to do something first". I stood up and headed to Enohor's room.

What would become of her room now.

I closed the door and moved around her room slowly, rummaging through her properties, then, I came across a picture Enohor, Sister Kemo and I had taken together the previous year.

We had gone to ShopRite on a Sunday after Church and my sister decided to go on the Merry Go round while I just stood there and watched.

Few minutes after she got on, my Father bought cotton candy and handed one to me, holding two more for Sister Kemo and Enohor. On seeing the cotton candy, Enohor jumped out of the Merry Go round and grabbed one from my Dad.

We were all so shocked and terrified when we saw her jump off the Merry Go round and my parents cautioned her never to do that again.

Then, my mother saw a photographer and paid him to take a picture of I and my sisters eating the cotton candy.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I just stared at the picture, remembering that day.

It was so hard to believe. Two days ago I was with my sister and just a day after, she was gone.

If I could, I would go back in time to change the happenings of that day.

I continued rummaging through her things when I found her barbie dolls, the ones she always played pretend with and acted as the mother.

And later, I found an item I made for her three years ago in her wardrobe, it was a locket made out of bottle covers and rope.

I opened it and saw the picture I put in it, it was a picture I made with I and Enohor's passports. She's never going to wear it again.

I clutched the locket to my chest, putting it on later and shed more tears.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I wiped my tears and opened the door to see my mother. She looked at me sadly and slowly led me to the dining room.

ShopRite:

How did I get myself into this? WHY did I get myself into this?! Moving around this place just makes me want to cry more.

Everything around me reminded me more of Enohor, it was hard to focus on why I came here in the first place; To celebrate Kemi's birthday.

I didn't want to celebrate my birthday anyway, my sister was gone, what was there to actually celebrate.

"Umm, Can we just go home?". Kemi asked.

"Why? You're supposed to celebrate your birthday". I said.

"Yeah, but it feels wierd to celebrate when we lost someone a day before, and besides, this is your birthday too".

"It's not about me, I don't want to celebrate my birthday this year. It's your 13th birthday. I want this to be special because the last time you celebrated your birthday was six years ago and I know this means a lot to you". I said.

We walked up to the part of the mall where we could see the jungle rides. I saw some little children riding on it with their mums, Dads and older siblings.

"Why did she have to go". I thought.

"Kemi why don't you go on the jungle ride". My father suggested.

"Can Tega come along too?". I just stared at him. I really didn't feel like talking, I just wanted to get this over with.

"Yeah, whatever". I muttered.

I hopped onto a pink panther and Kemi, on a Lion. We moved around some areas in ShopRite, it was supposed to be fun but there was nothing fun about it to me.

I looked back at Kemi who looked like he was enjoying his ride but was trying not to.

I sighed.

I have to make this work.

"Kemi! This pink panther is faster than your lion, come and catch me". I yelled, and gave him a smile that would sure to convince him to have fun. His mood lightened up.

Kemi kept trying to catch me while I moved around the area trying to hide from him, and then, I bumped into an Ebony-black skin girl who looked my age. She turned around, looking at me in disgust.

Williams!

Of all days, we had to see her today, it had to be today.
"Uh! Tega, what the heck are you doing here?" She asked.

For Her Information, we are in a MALL where a large number of people come to on a daily basis.

How could she ask that kind of question?!

I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Sorry for hitting you". I said, and was about to move away when someone tapped me at my back.

"I got you!". I could tell it was Kemi.

"Oh My Gosh! Kemi happy birthday! I came to ShopRite to buy your gift I planned to give you tomorrow but since we're both here let's celebrate your birthday together". She said, putting her hand round Kemi's.

"Uuh, It's my birthday too". I pointed out.

"Who called you into this matter". She said, looking at me with disgust.

She grabbed Kemi's hand and was about to run off with him while Kemi constantly groaned. It was actually kind of funny.

"Tega, please come with me. I need to tell your parents where were going".

"Firstly, why would you tell HER parents, don't you have your own? And secondly, she's not coming with us". She said, giving me a death glare.

Kemi and I informed my parents where we were headed which was the Games part of ShopRite.

While Williams ran off with Kemi, I moved around the mall, exploring the various shops inside it.

My eyes caught something immediately. . . A bookshop. My mood lightened up and I ran inside. I looked at all the amazing books there.

Dork diaries.

My gaze fell on the book as I saw it's cover and read the summary. It looked attractive and seemed interesting, but the price was too high for me to buy.

I ran back to my parents and dragged them to the bookshop where I showed them the book. My father agreed to buy the book because he noticed that my mood had changed a bit from how I was this morning.

I looked through the book and discovered that it was actually a book series and my parents had bought Dork diaries book 10: Puppy love.

I was really happy to see that the pages were much too. I love reading big books that take me time to finish; because the longer, the better.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I lay down on my bed as I thought about the activities of the day. It was a bit fun though, even with Williams around but still I felt something was missing.

I held the locket I was wearing and clutched it to my chest crying, I couldn't help it. Losing my sister on the day before my 13th birthday. I sighed and began to hum some songs I often heard Enohor sing as I closed my eyes still clutching the locket to my chest. I opened it as I felt the presence of someone.

"Enohor". I whispered. I looked around my room but saw no one.

I sighed.

I'm assuming things now.

Still, I felt as if she was in my room with me. It made me love the locket more. So far, this was the best gift I got for a birthday.