make me forget

Kao felt void of everything. He walked on the streets of Bangkok aimlessly as his mind replayed one scene like a broken tape. 

"Kao, do you know why I called you today?", P'Sun asked seriously. 

Kao was bouncing on the balls of his feet in excitement waiting for the proposal. 

"Yes, to talk about us right?", he was giddy. 

"Yes, um, I'm not sure how are you going to take this."

"I'm fine, give it to me already.", Kao was dying in anticipation of the news. P'Sun took off his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose. 

"Kao, I think we should take a break.", It was like a bucket of cold water on him.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, let's take a break please."

"Why?"

"It's not you, it is me. I'm not feeling the same."

"Did you find someone better, P?"

"No..."

"Then, where am I lacking?", Kao was almost whining, "Tell me, How can I fix this, at least talk to me P before taking such a big decision."

"We are taking a break, Kao, not breaking up."

"It eventually leads to that."

"Look, it just I want to think about us again."

"Is it about sex, P? I'm sorry I'm not like your girls-"

"Kao! It's not about that chill up."

"Then what is it about?"

"Let's talk about this when you feel better okay?"

P'Sun walked out of the door leaving Kao stunned. Great, now I'm being dumped at 27 for not being good enough, Kao thought to himself.

He followed Sun out of the conference room into the empty office. They worked in the same office and it started when they hooked up in the storage room about a year ago. Kao knew he was a playboy and had the least expectations from him. He was expecting this to come 6 months ago not then after a year of the relationship, after discussing their future. 

Kao was pulled back to the present when someone pushed past him. He stumbled a bit caught himself before falling face down on the street. The person apologized quickly and rushed off to his destination. He looked around confused trying to understand where he ended up. 

"Lost and found.", he read on the board of a gay bar, "How ironic?", he laughed to himself and walked in.

It was a quiet place with smoke and dim lights. The couches and booths scattered far enough to give privacy. There was a dance floor in the center which was empty as there was soft music playing in the atmosphere.

Kao walked to the bar counter on the opposite side and slumped on the stool with his face in his arms.

"A broken heart's drink.", a voice smooth as velvet made him lookup. 

The man was wearing a dress shirt with a vest with his hair styled neatly which fell onto his eyes perfectly. The bartender looks hot, a fleeting thought passed through Kao's mind which he quickly dismissed by thinking, you just went through a breakup Kao.

"Thank you.", he said to the man and took a sip of the transparent concoction with mint leaves. It was pretty smooth for alcohol but it started showing its effect after a while. The bartender came back and asked,

"Did you like it?"

"Yeah, but can you get me a shot?", Kao wanted something strong to be drunk so he can forget about his ex for a while.