the teddy bear

"Ai'Pete! How long are going to take to finish it?", Kao was frustrated waiting for his boyfriend in his company for more than three hours. Pete had called him there and told him that they will go out for dinner and maybe a movie too but he has not finished work yet it was already close to 8 pm. Knowing Pete, Kao was sure that he will fall asleep during the movie ruining the movie for him as well. 

"Uh uh, almost done.", Pete said without looking at Kao. 

"I'm hearing this for the nth time now."

"Babe~ I need to finish this before tomorrow."

"Then why did you call me here if you already had a lot of work."

"I thought I could complete this early but it is taking longer than expected."

"I'm sure you must talk to everyone after lunch, spending almost an hour socializing."

"Uh, it's for team bonding na babe."

"That's not a proper excuse, Pete Phubodin!", Pete knew he was in deep shit when Kao talked in that tone. 

"I'm almost done!", he said quickly as he continued typing on his laptop. Kao sat on the sofa with cheeks puffed in anger. Five minutes later, Kao was done waiting and he stood up wordless and walked to the door. 

"Come home after work.", Kao said as he opened the door. 

"No babe! I'm done", Pete ran behind Kao and held him in his arms, "Just let me switch off the laptop na?"

"Hmm..", Kao sighed and nodded. Pete grinned at him pressing a quick peck on his cheeks before returning to his desk for shutting down the machine. He quickly packed all the important things and got back to his husband. 

"Let's go!", He held out his arm. Kao gave him a disapproving and walked ahead leaving Pete shaking his head. He held Kao's hand as they reached the elevator and they continued walking like that to the car. 

"Where should we go tonight?", Pete asked as they buckled up in the car. 

"Anywhere as long as there is food."

"Sorry na, Kao, I promise next time I'll finish it on time!"

"Whatever.", Kao looked away not to give in to his husband's puppy-dog looks. He started scrolling on his phone

Pete drove to the best place he knew and the one Kao would like. Thankfully, it was Bangkok for the shops were open till late at night. Pete pulled up at a food stall market and parked his car right near the entrance. 

"How did you know it is open today?", Kao's anger was long forgotten as he saw his favorite dishes on display. 

"I know what you like...", Pete felt smug.

Kao glanced at him before getting of the car and Pete soon followed. They walked into the market hand in hand choosing foods they like. It wasn't long before Pete's both hands were filled with takeaways and they couldn't buy any more. They settled a little away on the benches to eat the food they bought. 

"Did you just buy the whole market?", Pete asked taking away the mango sticky rice which Kao was trying to open. 

"No", Kao rolled his eyes at his boyfriend for taking away his favorite. 

"Eat this before that!" Pete placed a serving of pineapple rice, papaya salad and satay in front of him instead. 

"Uhh... I want something sweet first.", Kao pouted nibbling on the ends of his chopsticks. 

"Meals before dessert."

"Don't forget that I still haven't forgiven you~"

"I can make it up to you in other ways."