dancing kings

It was a typical college day for Professor Kao. He had finished his afternoon classes and was back in the staff room going through the assignments the kids had submitted. 

"Tsk... this was an easy one.", Kao marked the answer wrong. 

"Hey, Kao!", P'Sun broke his concentration closely followed by an exciting-looking Lemon. 

"Yes P'?"

"We are grabbing a coffee at the cafeteria, do you want to come with us?"

"Um, I still have some papers to mark..."

"It will be a great refreshment, P'Kao.", Lemon was the new assistant professor who had joined this academic year.

"You can do it when you come back or take it back home.", P'Sun suggested winking.

"You know na, I can't take it home.", Kao shook his and put away the papers.

P'Sun and he had almost started at the same time which made them the closest friends in this college which were full of older professors. Lemon joined their gang this year after working as a teacher elsewhere. P'Sun knew why Kao avoided taking work home but yet he loved teasing him about it.

Kao craned his and rounded his shoulders to shrug off the tiredness which was set in when P'Sun offered to give a short massage on the way. A few students watched them and shipped them together but it didn't bother the professors, they went to the cafe a grabbed a cup of coffee each, and walked to the booth set up by the students for the annual fests.

"P'Sun, P'Kao, please register for the prom night."

"Nah... I can't dance", P'Sun was first to reject. 

"You mean Mork can't dance right?", Kao murmured.

"So can't Pete.", P'Sun snipped back.

"Anyways Tu will be home alone, I definitely can't."

The students perked up listening to a foreign name. They always saw these professors together so the gossip was around of them being together. 

"Professor, but it is open for everyone. You guys will be here for the supervision anyways.", a cute girl named Sanwan pushed forward.

"It is organized by our department.", Non, a boy from Kao's class spoke up. 

"This will be the last event of our annual fest, please do join us?", they made cute faces to support their cause. 

Kao glanced at Sun and raised his eyebrow in thought. 

"Some other teachers will so be here on duty that day but they'll leave early."

Kao wanted to say no but some more students joined them and they pleaded together. he reluctantly signed it with his name and a plus one. They paid the amount and left.

"How will you convince Pete to dance?", P'Sun asked after they were out of their students' earshot. 

"I'm worried about Tu, where can we drop her if this is finalized?"

"You can take her with you here or drop her off at my place, Mork and I would love some company too."

"Thank you for the offer P'Sun, I'll ask Por and Sandee if they are willing to take her otherwise I'll drop her at your place."

"Do that."

"Are you done with...", they continued walking back to the staff room discussing the grading and homework. 

It was late in the evening, so Pete had offered to pick Kao on the way. When Kao walked out of his faculty building he was surprised to see his husband's car waiting. He knocked on the window as Pete was busy frowning on his phone and waited for him to unlock it.