Regression au pt 1

a/n sorry for being mia for so long. I have not written anything worth posting here and the things i'm writing can't be posted anywhere yet. So here is a part 1 of the side project that I've been working on for past 3 months. I didn't research a lot for this so it is all fictional. It's purely a comfort and i hope you guys find that in this one. Thank you for waiting if you did. 

New's pov

I spun the chair to blur the world around. The paintings, the desk, the devices, and everything else were caught by the wind. I giggled at that effect, I enjoyed it very much so I kept spinning it round and round, giggling. Till someone knocked on the door and I had to stop. Gripping the edge of the table, I mumbled,

"Come in."

I clacked the keys loudly just to look busy when the someone new walked in. This stranger, I wasn't introduced to before.

"Good evening sir, I just needed a-"

"Who are you?", escaped cutting him off. His smile changed for a minute before he picked it up again.

"I'm Tawan, I started working here last week.", he said softly holding the folder close to his chest. His voice was like chocolate, warm and sweet.

"Hmm", I had to keep up the act.

"I wanted a sign on these papers.", he continued.

"Please...", I spoke slowly, "Can you come tomorrow?"

He stared at me and smiled brightly. He nodded but before going he dug out something from his pocket and placed it on the table. I narrowed my eyes at the papers trying to understand if it had stones like the pranks I did.

"They are some chocolates, sir.", he smiled and left.

They wrapped in pretty paper of pink, blue, yellow and oranges. I picked the pink to unwrap and popped it into my mouth. The strawberry filling melted into my mouth reminding me of the chocolates Dad used to get. I slip off the chair and curl under the desk to hide my tears. I missed my parents at times like these. The notes under the desk blurred in my sight and I stifled a sob. I remember those notes had emergency numbers that would take care of me but i didn't want to be poked by needles. It's after a long time I had got out. I heard the door open again and I clasp my hand over my mouth to stop myself from making a sound.

"Sir. Sir?", its the same man who gave me chocolates. What was his name again? Wan? I wondered. I heard his footsteps come closer and I waited for him to go away. I pulled my knees close and buried my face in them, waiting with baited breath.

"Sir, I just came back to inform you that we need this sign urgently.", his voice was muffled. Go away, I wanted to scream at him but then he would know I am here. So I kept mum and waited. I heard him walk around and the door clicked close. I pulling my head up I plucked out my hand and reached for some paper. I found something and the pen shook in my hands. I held it with both hands and wrote in scrawl, "Wan had choco, nu likey, missed momma, nu don't cry", and a tear slipped with the pencil from my hand. I gave up and curled back under the table. Nu hate everyone and darkness overtook soon after.

***

I opened my eyes again and yawned loudly just to be cut off by the banging my head. I groggily looked around and realised i was under the table. I crawled out of there and picked up the phone to see it was already past 4. It suddenly dawned to me, regression, my eyes tingled off the crust. I turned around and saw a notepad lying there with some words scrawled. Wan? Who was this? Whoever it was needs a lesson. They messed with the wrong person.