Chapter 4

Surprised Visit

~ Johnnys Perspective ~

It's been a week since I've been held captive in Haydens basement. I know my Mafia is failing at trying to get me out due to hearing got shots here and there, plus screaming. I sighed as my thoughts were interrupted by another gunshot.

"Your Mafia really sucks" Hayden said as he laughed, walking back up the stairs. The only person I get to see is him, no one else comes done here...not even that Annie girl....

I knew I should of selectees better people. Once again, my thoughts were interrupted. But it wasn't by a gun shot this time. It was by a crying baby.

I looked down at my feet to see her walking up to me and then falls when she touches my leg. I lightly laughed until I heard a voice "HOPE!!"

I cleared my throat as I looked at the girl. "Oh god...." She mumbled, it wasn't hard to hear since this place was small and her voice was echoing. "Hope! Come here!" She shouted but in a low tone. I didn't dare to say a word. However I did watch her very closely.

"Boy" the baby said pointing at me. My attention drifted from Annie to her. It was the first time I got to look in her eyes. They were beautiful...just like her mothers. But her looks were from me...I could tell by the way her noice, mouth— and smile were.

She had dimples, just like me. Not many people know that about me though. I don't smile or laugh often- just when I'm drunk. "Hope. I said come here." Annie muttered, still avoiding eye contact with me.

"Help him" she said looking back at me. It felt like she was starring at my soul. I'm use to people starring at me but not like this. Not this close.

I hear Annie sigh and slowly walk up to me. She grabbed Hope and finally made eye contact with me as she got up. We both stayed silent, I expected her to say something— anything about what I did to her but she didn't. She just gave me a glance and walked away.

"Wait!!" I shouted, stopping her. I hear her sigh again as she turned around. "I know I didn't help you out beside but if you let me go, I'll be there for you! I'll take care of the baby and raise her the way a real father raises their daughters!" I said trying to convince her, but she stayed silent.

After awhile her mouth opened. "You are not her father. Hayden is." She muttered, attempting to walk away. Once again, I stoped get "wait! I'm her biological father! We both know that. Remember, I took your virginity." I added. She still didn't seem to budge

"That doesn't mean shit." She says, this time walking away without giving me another chance to convince her.

"Fuck!" I shouted in anger as I tried to get out of this chair. "You don't look well" Carson says while coming through the window. I sighed in relief "thank god"

"Miss me already" he added with a smirk. I rolled my eyes as he started to untie me. "We still need the money" I say. Carson stops untying me and looks me in the eyes. "You fuckin got caught when a girl and a baby where here! What makes you think you won't get caught again" he said raising his tone.

"You'll save me" I said in a casual tone, getting up from my chair. Before Carson could convince me out of it I had already left. I guess I didn't really care about the money...I just wanted to see my little girl again...

It pissed me off how Annie gave her Hayden's last name. I get that I abandoned her but she could at least give her own last name! Hayden isn't even her biological father!

I followed the sound of a baby crying, and then started to hear Annies voice. "Hope you can't go there!" She shouted. I could hear the fear in her tone as the baby kept crying

I peeked into the room and saw Annie changing Hope. I stared at them for a few minutes before someone had caught me "hey!" A heard a familiar tone about as I turned around to look at Adam.

Adam is Haydens guard. He use to be mine until I fired him, so all the loyalty's had for me was gone. Adam interrupted my thoughts by running towards me. Before even thinking about Annie and Hope I ran into the room, locking it behind me.

"Damn it!" I shouted in a low tone as I looked up to see Annie holding Hope in her arms. She started to back away from me in fear. "I won't hurt you..." I mumbled trying to slowly go up to her "I just want to hold her" I added, slightly stuttering.

"You're not touching my daughter" She muttered. I felt my body tense up as I listened to her words closely "our daughter" I corrected her. Trying to take the baby out of her arms.

"Stop!!!" She shouted pushing me towards the ground. A few seconds later five men bursted through the door— one of them was Adam. He grabbed my arms, holding a gun to my head "I've always wanted to do this" he said about to pull the trigger

"No!"

My head turn towards Hope as she ran up to me, hugging my leg. Her touch felt different, for the first time my heart sank, starting into her hazel eyes as she hugged my leg

"Hope!!" Annie shouted taking her away from me. "Can you at least be cautious around my daughter!" Annie added looking up at Adam, who still had a gun to my head. "Get her out then" he shouted back.

Adam and Annies fight gave me enough time to catch him off guard. I grabbed the gun and kicked him in the balls, making him fall to the ground as I easily took out the other four guys.

"I just want to hold her" I say ignoring the fact that Hayden's whole mafia was after me right now "please...." I mumbled looking into her eyes "I heard what you said to Hayden, don't you dare act like you give a shit about her!" Annie argued back while Haydens mafia rushed into the room.

"Please! Just one more time" I begged again. It didn't matter though, she hadn't changed her decision. "Don't let him go near Hope..." she mumbled into Haydens ear. "Of course" he replied back with a small smirk, pissing me off.

~ Annies Perspective ~

Ever since Johnny left me with only $1000 to survive off of with my daughter I have ne et felt any pity ness for him. He didn't just leave me pregnant or take my virginity without my consent— he abandoned Hope, he called her useless, and acted like he would be happier if she was never alive in the first place.

On my way to the kitchen I heard a shotgun. I closed my eyes while putting hold down, letting out a sigh. Hope started crying, so I wrapped my arms around her "I'm sorry baby...I'm sorry this is your life..." I mumbled into her ears. No child deserves this, especially someone with such a pure, emotional heart.

"Annie run!!!!" I heard a familiar tone shout. It took me less then a second to realize it was Haydens "wait no!!!" I heard another voice shot. Without a second thought, I picked Hope up and ran out the house, to Haydens secret place, we made it for Hope just in case something like this ever happened.

"I just want to see my fucking daughter!!!"

I stayed silent, still holding Hope in my arms as we continued to hide underground. No one would even think about going underground, that's why it's always been the best hiding place.