Chapter 14

Things Can Change

~ Johnnys Perspective ~

After a long day of firing Harry, my favourite guard and finding out he was betraying me this whole time. But that wasn't the part that hurt the most. Hearing Annie say we were better apart hurt. Hearing that I lost the chance to make her mine just because I let Cole convince me into going to his house hurt!

I was sitting against my room wall with nothing but the floor beside me and the bed in front. However the bed was pretty far, I could walk about 20 steps to get there. My thoughts were interrupted by Annie walking into the room

"What's wrong" she asked while turning to the mirror and started to fix her hair. Although I thought were hair already looked perfect, but it didn't matter what I thought anymore. "Nothing" I finally mumbled back as I got up from the ground.

"I put Hope to bed, you should get some sleep too..." she blurted out while getting into bed. "I will be sleeping in a separate room" I say. Apparently Annie cared more than I thought since she jumped out of bed "No you aren't" she argued. I rolled my eyes, is she ever going to agree with me.

Without letting her say another word, or argue with me for even longer I walked out the room. I grabbed a pillow and blanket from a closet in the hallway and placed it on the couch. "You're sleeping down here?"

I turned around to see Jayden, she was holding a glass of water so I assumed that's why she was still down here "I don't want to bother Annie" I muttered as I continued to place my pillow in a comfortable position

"She's still mad?" Jayden questioned, interested in the drama going on between us. "She still has feelings for me but doesn't want to date!" I muttered.

However by looking at Jaydens expression, she already knew "you can't expect Annie to want to love you" Jayden blurted out while I laid on the uncomfortable couch. "Why not" I replied back as I tried to get comfortable.

"She was mad at you even before she loved you, you left her pregnant! You left her to go threw the pain alone, and on top of that you took her virginity without even caring and you didn't even make it memorable and the truth is, it was probably the worst day of her life at that time and you didn't seem to give a shit" Jayden snapped while taking a deep breath before adding another sentence "and you still haven't apologized"

I sat up from the couch realizing everything Jayden was saying was true. I did the same thing my father had done to my mother. I did the same thing I promised myself I would never do. "Shit..." I mumbled. All the sudden Annie came downstairs and Jayden stopped talking

"Oh I'm sorry...did I interrupt something?" She questioned as Jayden nodded her head no "of course not, do you really think I would want to talk to this dickhead" Jayden blurted out "hey!!!" I butted in, acting like I was offended by her comment. But I was angry at her because it made Annie laugh...and I liked seeing Annie laugh.

"I'll give you two some space" she said as she left. Annie looked over at me and grabbed my arm. Although, she wasn't really taking me anywhere "you are very weak" I commented as she rolled her eyes "oh shut up and come to your actual bed"

I chuckled at how hard Annie was trying to make me move. I watched Annie start to get tired so I pulled her on top of me. We both stared at each other, although hers was more of an embarrassment face "sorry..." she mumbled about to get up but I held her firmly in my arms. Not letting her escape.

"I know this isn't enough but I'm truly sorry, and for what it's worth I do feel guilty about it" I added, knowing she couldn't possible understand what I was sorry about. But that's what made it easier to apologize.

"About what" she questioned, stills on top of me. "I'm sorry for taking your virginity, I know that was important to you, I'm sorry for acting like I didn't care, I'm sorry for leaving you to deal with the pregnancy alone, I'm sorry for putting you through the pan even before you started to develop feelings for me—

Before I could finish my list of sorry's Annie cut me off by getting off me "it's the past, what matters now is that you're helping me out" she commented. But the guilt still didn't go away, and I hated it! I hated carrying the guilt every where I go.

"That's only because I love you and Hope" I added while sitting up and looking down in disappointment "will duh, if I didn't have feelings for you I would of murdered you" she responded. I chuckled while looking up at her, realizing she was actually serious. My chuckle went away "you would kill me?!"

"I would work with someone else to..." she mumbled. For some reason I wasn't angry. I understand why she wanted to kill me, and honestly I would of done the same. "Can we please go back to bed" she whined trying to pull me up. I chuckled and got up.

Within a minute Annie and I were laying on the bed cuddling. It felt nice having her in my arms, and for the first time, I ended up getting a goodnight sleep.

The Next Day

I woke up to the feeling of someone tracing my abs. As my eyes slowly flicker open I see Annie in my arms, her head buried in my chest while her finger circled around my abs. "Good morning beautiful" I say as she pulled away and sat up to face me "good morning" she replied back giving me a kiss.

"Mmm I want more" I whined at her quick pull away. "I need to get up before Hope does" Annie blurted out, giving me one more kiss before she got out of bed. "Ugh I want more!" I whined but Annie still walked into the washroom

I sighed while getting myself out of bed and entering the washroom with Annie. "Stoppp I need to take a showerrrr" she blurted out. A smirk appeared on my face as I unbuttoned my pants "Johnny!" Annie shouted turning around. I chuckled and turned her back towards me "you've seen me naked before" I said as I grabbed her waist, pulling her closer to me as I smashed my lips against hers.

I was in my boxers, which left weird. Kissing a girl with all her clothes on while I was half naked. But I didn't care. A few minutes later Annie pulled away "you're not leaving are you" she questioned as she unwrapped her arms around my neck. "Nope" I responded back with a smile. She giggled at me, while taking off her shirt.

"Damn" I said while biting my lips. Her body was amazing, but her face was absolutely gorgeous.