Chapter 6

Jealousy Is Everywhere

~ Johnnys Perspective ~

I was laying in bed, starring at the ceiling thinking about Hope when I really should be concentrating on my recruits. But I couldn't stand the fact my daughter was scared of me. I never wanted that. I was just pissed about what they saying!

"Can I come in..." Lauren says with watery eyes. I rarely see Lauren cry. We were both raised the same way, we went through every trauma together so seeing her cry was like seeing me cry and that never happens.

I jumped up "what happened?!" I questioned worriedly as I pulled her into a hug. I don't like touching people— or even talking to them in general, but Lauren was my sister...it was different. I may hate her at times but I'll always love and care for her.

"I-I s-saw C-Carson a-and A-Annie k-kissing" she stuttered as more tears came down. It took me a few seconds to understand what she was saying. Hearing her say those words made me feel like a heart I didn't know I had broke into a million pieces. "That son of a bitch" I muttered to myself pulling away from Lauren, ready to run to Carson rooms.

"Lauren wait!!" I heard him shout as he ran into my room. I death stares him while firmly holding the gun in my hand. A few seconds later Annie showed up behind him. "How could you do that to my sister!" I yelled at Carson.

I knew I didn't have a right to yell at Annie or blame her, so the only choice I had was putting all the blame on Carson. But I was still angry at Annie and I had to show her to never mess around with me, so I pointed the gun at Carson, ready to pull the trigger.

"Stop!!! We didn't kiss!" Annie shouted standing in front of him while looking at Lauren "we just hugged! Carson doesn't even have feelings for me, he obviously loves you!" She added defending him. "She isn't lying. We just needed to sort things out, she's like a sister to me" he says as he makes a small stop between his reply "trust me, the only girl I'll ever love is you"

My gun was still pointed at Carson "do you still have feelings for him" I asked Annie, trying not to sound jealous or annoyed. I didn't like how Annie phrased her sentence carson doesn't have feelings for me. What about her?! She seemed pretty upset when she found out he liked Lauren.

"I—

Before Annie could say a word I heard a baby cry. It took me a second to realize it was Hope "shit!!" Annie said running out of the room. "Does Annie still have feelings for you" I muttered at Carson as I put my gun down, beside my bed. "How do I know" he replied back while I rolled my eyes, not satisfied by his answer

"...you love me..." Lauren says. I completely forgot she was standing there. Lauren was so still and quite, I couldn't even hear her breathing.

Carson stayed silent as he looked down and scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Yeah..." he mumbled slowly looking back at her smiling face. "Gross" I muttered as I walked out the room. I wasn't in the mood to see a lovie dovie relationship.

"Is she okay" I asked looking at Annie carrying Hope in her arms. "Yeah...just a little scared" she replied back. I slowly went up to them, surprisingly Annie didn't back away. I ran my hand through the tiny bit of hair she had and down her cheeks

I wanted to say something a father would say to her baby girl but I couldn't find myself to do it. I wanted to call her adorable, or cute, or hold her in my arms and hug her. I wasn't use to this, I didn't know what to say or do around her. My father was never gentil towards Lauren but I could never do that to my daughter...even if it would make her turn out like Lauren.

"I should put her to bed..." Annie says looking down at her yawning. A small smile appeared on my face. I don't smile, I don't like to smile but it was different when I was with these two girls. "I'm— I-I" I tried to apologize but nothing came out.

Annie looked at me with a confused face "what?" She questioned. I let out a big sigh "never mind" I muttered to myself. Why was it so hard for me to apologize? It was one simple word and I couldn't even say the first letter.

Before I could try again, Annie had walked away with Hope in her arms. "She's so adorable" Jayden said from behind. "Yeah...she is" I mumbled, agreeing with her. I always thought I wanted a son but after having a daughter I felt different about that decision.

I don't want a son like me. Someone who has to act tough, constantly can't show any emotion but anger, can't love or care. Someone who doesn't have any humanity in them. I don't want that for my kids.

"She's in bed" Annie said interrupting my thoughts. "That was fast" I questioned not believing Hope was actually asleep. "She falls asleep fast" Annie replied back, taking a seat on the nearest couch.

"You didn't answer my question" I say sitting across her while Jayden and Conner stopped making out and started listening in. I could tell considering that the kissing and moaning sounds had stopped. "About what" Annie replied back

"Do you still have feelings for Carson" I asked again, this time getting more tensed up. I watched Annie freeze and I could see the little bumps on her skin. "I don't know...." She mumbled looking down at her hands while fidgeting with them. I clenched my jaw at her answer "what do you mean you don't know?!" I asked more aggressively.

"I don't know" she repeated in a more quieter tone. I got up and threw my beer at the wall, frightening her "dude chill" Conner said, coming in the middle of me and the broken glass pieces. I gave Conner a death stare before pushing him aside on my way back to my room.

How the hell does a girl like Annie have feelings for someone like Carson! My thoughts were interrupted by Jayden walking in the room "you can't blame her, she saw the good side of Carson, the real him before he was broken" Jayden said as she sat beside me while I stared at the ceiling, not interested in what she had to say.

"Fine, don't listen to me!" She snapped, not enjoying the slipshod attention I was giving her. I sighed pulling her back in a slightly aggressive way, as if I was annoyed. "What" I muttered

"My point is Annie will never like you if she doesn't get to know the real you" Jayden muttered back. However I was not going to admit I had feelings for Annie. I am a Mafia leader, I don't have feelings. I was raised like that and that is how I will continue to be.

A few moments later I had realized I was sitting in a dark room alone, I didn't even notice Jayden had left. I pushed myself off the bed and went straight to my office "Harry!!!" I yelled in an angry tone "yes sir!" He came running in.

I glanced at him before going back to my laptop "I need you to select the top ten recruits from this list" I said handing him a paper of about thirty names. "Of course" he says as he walked out. I could tell the smile on his face was fake but I didn't have time to ask, I was in a rush considering that I didn't get a lot done the past week.

The work on my laptop was making me more angrier by the moment. Then suddenly I heard someone laughing "get the fuck—." I yelled until I realized the laughing sound was a baby. I immediately got off my chair and looked down from the front of my desk "hehehe" she said crawling to me.

"Hope!!" I heard Annie yell as she came running in almost out of breath. I could tell she was tired than usual. "You don't do a good job taking care of her do you" I questioned glancing at Hope.

She gave me a death stare while grabbing Hope from me "you're one to talk" she muttered wrapping her arms around her and making eye contact with me