Chapter 5

I Loved Him

~ Johnnys Perspective ~

It has been three hours and still no sight of Annie and Hope. I was sure they were long gone, so I sat against the tree, giving up. "Fuck!!!" I shouted as loud as I can. "Did you get the money" Carson asked as his van pulled up in front of me. I nodded my head no, looking down at the dirt "what?! Then what the fuck did you do!" Conner yelled as if he was already having a horrible day.

"I saw my daughter..." I mumbled not daring to make eye contact with anyone. Everyone went silent while I looked up at there blank expressions.

"How is she..." Lauren asked mumbling. My eyes went back to the ground. I sat there for a moment, regretting everything I had done these past year before answering Lauren's question.

"She seems fine..." I mumbled back "Annie gave her Haydens last name" I added hissing at the thought of him talking my daughter away from me. "Annie?" Jayden asked confused on who I was talking about. I sighed getting another guilt feeling "the girl I left pregnant..."

"That's messed up" Conner commented, getting a punch from Jayden as she gave him a death stare "what did I do!" Conner argued. Jayden rolled her eyes at him "You're an idiot" she said opening the door for me to come in

"I don't want to leave. I'm waiting for her" I muttered, continuing to stay on the ground. I hear a sigh followed by foot steps coming closer "dude, we'll find them, you can't just sit here. This isn't you!" Carson said as he took a seat next to me. He wouldn't understand, no one would.

How am I going to act okay when I have a fucking daughter who is in danger every second of her life just because she's related to me. "We will find them." Carson repeated trying to reassure me. As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. I can't do anything sitting against a tree.

I let out a big sigh before getting up. "I want you to get every since person on it!" I demanded, walking into the big white van. I waited for Carson to start driving but I just sat there "what—." I was about to ask before he cut me off "shhhh! I hear something" he whispered as we all looked in his direction.

"Haydens going to be pissed if he doesn't get Annie back" I heard Adam say as he walked up the small hill "he'll be fine. I think he enjoys sex with Ruby more" another guy commented as they both laughed. I see Jayden and Lauren roll there eyes "dicks" Lauren commented laying back on her seat, not interested in what they have to say anymore.

I didn't enjoy the way they were talking about Annie, but I was near my Mafia— friends, and I couldn't look more weak then I already had. "I disagree, when Hope hits 13 he'll have two girls to fuck" Adam replied back, pissing me off even more.

"Give me the gun" I demanded, looking up at Conner. Without a second thought he handed me the gun "you can't kill him! We're in there zone!" Lauren yelled trying to reason with me but I didn't care about reason anymore. I had a family to protect, I wasn't going to be my father.

It took me a few seconds to load the gun, Adam and the other guy were coming closer to the van. I opened the door and shot them right in the head, watching them fall to the ground in shock.

"Son of a bitch" I muttered to myself as I turn to go back to the van until I see Annie in tears firmly holding Hope in her arms. "Get in" I demanded grabbing her arm, forcing her into the van. "G-Get o-off m-me!" She stuttered trying to yell with the little voice she had.