Chapter 18

Another Side Of You

~ Annies Perspective ~

Emily had moved in with Johnny and the rest of the mafia considering that all the other gangs know Johnny has a weak spot for her. They do not know about Hope, so the only thing they can use against Johnny is Emily.

However, I knew it wasn't going to be easy watching Johnny and Emily constantly be in love, but it has been worse than usual. Emily's been acting like a— bitch ever since she moved in. Johnny hasn't been listening to me since he's so in love with her.

"Thanks" Emily said as she walked by my food, taking it from my plate. "Hey! That's mine" I argued, giving her a death stare.

She turned around to face me and took a bite from my jam bread. I rolled my eyes at her, knowing that I couldn't do anything because if I did lay a finger on her, Johnny would kill me. I hated feeling powerless, especially against this bitch.

"Good morning" Johnny said with a smile as he came downstairs, carrying Hope in his hands. When he arrived at the kitchen he put Hope down on the seat and walked up to Emily, giving her a kiss. "You look so cute" she says, as she kissed him once more. I am sure they started to flirt and get all touchy with each other, but I looked away before they could.

Conner started to feed Hope since she liked getting fed by a different person each time. After Emily took my breakfast there was no need for me to be here, so I went up to take a shower. I loved taking showers when I am upset. It makes me feel warm and calm...I can tear up with no one noticing.

"You should really stop crying in the shower" I heard a familiar tone say as I jumped up. Covering my naked body.

It took me a second to recognize it was Cole. "Can you stop coming in while I'm naked!" I muttered with a raise in my tone. I didn't expect him to listen anyway. Within a second be started to take his clothes off, I rolled my eyes, knowing I wouldn't be able to help myself.

"Johnnys room is next door" I added before he came into the shower with me. Without replying back to my comment, he grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him. "I'll only continue if you want to" he whispered into my ears. I bit my bottom lip, I wasn't attracted to Cole the same way he was attracted to me, or the way I'm attracted to Johnny. But being with him does get my mind off Johnny and his girlfriend, and that's all I needed to continue on with this.

After a few minutes of us making out, we heard gun shots. I had pulled away as quickly as I could. "Shit" Cole mumbled. But I was already out the shower and putting on my clothes. I wasn't scared for my life, I was scared for Hopes.

By the time I had gotten out the room, guns were firing all over the place. Windows her shattering, the sound of the shot firing was loud and constant. "Where's Hope!" I shouted as I looked over at Johnny firing through the window. "Annie! You should be hiding!!" He shouted back, not making eye contact with me. "I need to find Hope!" I argued back, as my heart raced faster and faster.

"She's in my room with Emily" he says. That's all I needed to hear to run off, I don't trust that bitch with my daughter.

As I got closer to his room I heard crying, which was expected considering that the gun noises were very frightening, but when I opened the door I saw Hope tied up, and Emily with a knife. My heart dropped as I froze in my tracks when she turned around. "Don't you dare take another step" she muttered pointing the knife at Hope. "It's such a shame, she was so cute" she added, skimming the blade against her skin.

"W-Why a-are you doing this" I finally managed to say, stuttering between each letter of the words coming out of my mouth. However, it had seemed to anger her even more. "I can never be happy with Johnny as long as he has you and this stupid baby in his life!" She yelled in even more rage.

I felt tears slowly come down my eyes, as I froze. "I swear if you lay a finger on her—

Before I could finish, a bullet went straight to her head as she fell to the ground. I gulped while turning around to see Johnny behind the trigger. He looked angry, but I only got a glimpse of him before he ran off to keep shooting the guys on the other side.

How could he just kill someone like that— someone he claimed to love.

I couldn't be thinking about Johnnys actions right now. I ran to Hope as I picked her up and rocked her side to side to calm her down. The sound of her cries wasn't stopping though, and I didn't expect them too.

"Here" Carson said as he ran up to us. Putting headphones on her ears and playing calming music. I sighed while looking up at him "thank you" I said as her tears slowly faded.

"How is she doing" Johnny asked while walking into the room to load his gun. "You killed her!" I muttered, showing my disappointment in him. He stayed silent until his gun was fully loaded.

"She was about to kill Hope" he commented. "You didn't hesitate. Would you just kill me with no remorse" I said unable to control my anger towards him. However, it seemed that he did feel differently "I have never claimed to love Emily. Not the way I loved- I will always pick my daughter over a girl like Emily" he responded "are we done now" he added with a small sigh.

"A girl like Emily?" I questioned, as if he would pick another girl over Hope. Although. He didn't answer, he left the room to go back and fight.

"Go through the back door and enter the white van, we will be there in a second, once we gather everyone back" Carson blurted out before going back to the gun fire. I listened to him though, I didn't have time to be stubborn, especially when Hopes life was at stake.

It wasn't long before I entered the van along with everyone else. "Wait! What about Cole!" I shouted, stopping Carson from pressing on the gas peddle. "He was still here?!" Johnny questioned with a raise in his tone. It seemed like he was anger, but then again, it is very difficult to tell considering that he's angry most of the time.

"Where was he last when you saw him" Conner asked with a huge sigh. It took my a minute to respond since everyone was staring at me, and I hated that. "We were...taking a shower together...and then I ran out when I heard gun shots..." I mumbled, trying to make sure Johnny couldn't make out the words I was saying.