Chapter 19

Toxic Relationship

~ Johnnys Perspective ~

Hearing Annie say those words made me frustrated, but I tried to hold it in as much as I could. After I cleared my throat, I had finally opened my mouth to speak "you took a shower with him..." I mumbled.

Before Annie could give me a reaction, or respond to me, Jayden had cut her off "he took another van with the rest of the mafia left"

I looked over at Jayden with a glare. "You couldn't tell her that before she admitted she was fucking him" I muttered in annoyance. Before turning back to my original position I see Annie giving me a death stare, that's when I realize Hope was here. "What does fuc—

Before Hope could finish that sentence I interrupted her "don't say that. It's a bad word..." I mumbled as Annie rolled her eyes at me "look what you did!" She yelled with a slit raise in her tone. I took a deep breath while looking away from her.

Carson had started to drive, and no one but him knew where we were going. "You know Coles a f-boy" I told Annie, still upset at the fact they were taking a shower together, and a part of me was jealous that she turned into the type of girl who has sex with any guy, especially since I took her virginity and now she doesn't care who she fucks.

"I do" she replied while fidgeting with Hopes fingers. Before I could ask or comment on another thing, Lauren had cut me off.

"So...is he good?" She questioned, making me roll my eyes. Annie glanced at me before opening her mouth to answer, but shut it before she could say a word. "Come on! Johnny doesn't care, he's done it with a bunch of other girls" she added

Carson glared at Lauren and her comments "why? do you want to do it with Cole" he asked with a slightly jealous tone. "Stop, you know I love you" she said kissing his cheek before turning back to Annie. "Just thought Annie and Johnny could move past there toxic relationship" she added earning a death stare from me.

"Whatever, let's change the topic" Annie responded as she tilted her head in my direction "we didn't finish out conversation about you shooting Emily with hesitation"

I took a deep breath, knowing this car ride was going to be long, and I wasn't getting out of this conversation anytime soon. "What girl would you choose over your own daughter" she muttered. All the sudden everyone was staring at me. It didn't bother me though. Especially considering that I was use to all eyes being on me.

"No one. I just meant—

Before finishing my own sentence I took another deep breath and shut my eyes for a second. When opening them back up, I watched Annie stare, waiting for an answer "I meant I would never do that to you because I love you as much as I love Hope, and that's saying a lot considering that I'd give my own life for her. Plus I know you wouldn't do anything to harm Hope" he say as quickly as possible.

Annie leaned back in her seat not knowing how to react. I could tell because she makes it obvious when she started to overthink things, and she only overthinks when she doesn't know how to react to something.

~ Annies Perspective ~

The rest of the car ride was silent, except for Carson's humming. I lightly giggled at his attempt to making things less awkward, but apparently Johnny did not like me giggling at Carson. "What's so funny" he muttered, glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes, making it unnoticeable. Hope was asleep by now as well as Lauren and Jayden. "Can I not laugh without you ruining it" I muttered back even more annoyed considering that I was very tired right now.

Johnnys face quickly turned towards me with one raise eyebrow. "Sorry..." I mumbled putting my head down, facing the ground. A few seconds later I felt something on my thigh. My head turned to where the hand place on my thigh was. It didn't take long to realize it was Johnnys hand.

"I may be a mafia leader, but when it comes to you I want you to be honest" He blurted out as he took his hand back "Don't be sorry" he added mumbling, looking away from me and back at the road ahead of us.

"So...if I talk back to you—

Before Conner could finish his statement, Johnny cut him off with a death stare "I will slit your throat" he muttered. Conners expression quickly changed as he went back to putting his guard up. However, I didn't believe Johnnys words. Conners his best friend, he may not want to admit it but he cares about him.

I find Johnnys— darkness attractive, I like how he acts like he is so tough so I don't really mind it. "You should be nice more often" I blurted out, snapping out of my thoughts. "I'm good" he responded, brushing his hair back with his hands since it was getting in his eyes.

Before I knew it, we were at our destination. "Annie you'll share a room with me and Hope, Carson and Lauren you two can share and Conner and Jayden can share" Johnny ordered as he got out of the van. I didn't understand why we needed to share rooms at first until I figured we were staying at a hotel.

"Here" Johnny said as he gave me a paper slip of the hotel number we're in. The rest of the mafia— including Cole were on different floors, which meant I was alone with Johnny. But I wasn't afraid of him anymore, not the way I use to be, and I trust he won't hurt me or Hope.

"Where are you going" I asked, still taking the slip of paper from his hand. "Don't worry, I will be back before 10" he said as he turned around and left. I watched as he walked towards an average size girl. She looked about the same age as Johnny and I. She had brunette hair, with hazel eyes, skinny but not too skinny, and looked— happy.

I couldn't stand to watch him flirt with another girl. He told me he loved me and then goes to another girl? I didn't appreciate how insecure the girl made me, no wonder Johnny picked her.

Without even watching them interact, I walked into the hotel room, locking it behind me. "M-Mommy" Hope stuttered as she slowly woke up. "Shhhh go back to bed" I whispered laying her in one of the two beds that were here.