Chapter 20

Misunderstood

~ Annies Perspective ~

It was midnight and Johnny had finally came back. I pretended to be asleep because I didn't want to deal with him right now, and I didn't want to show my jealousy towards him and that other girl he was talking to.

However, when he had walked in, after changing his clothes and taking off his shirt, he entered the bed Hope and I were on. "What are you doing" I asked, curiously considering that there was another bed he could of token. "You're still awake" he started surprised, with one eyebrow raised at me. I stayed silent ignoring his question.

"There is another bed" I commented, looking at the bed on the other side. He looked back at it and back at Hope and I. "What's wrong with me wanting to sleep here" he questioned, with a slightly angry tone considering that he doesn't like being told what to do.

I didn't respond to his question "fine, I'll go sleep there" I muttered, getting out of bed and almost falling down, trying to catch my balance. "Annie!" Johnny yelled as I was about to fall until he grabbed my arms, helping me to stay on my feet. "Why are you being like this" he asked, staring at me.

I pushed his hands off me and looked away "you told me you loved me" I stated, mumbling the words because I was embarrassed for some odd reason. "I did." He agreed, still staring at me, like he wasn't satisfied with my excuse.

I sighed as I open my mouth again "I saw you talking to that...girl..." I mumbled again, feeling even more embarrassed now that I had told him. Johnny stayed silent, the look he was giving me had gotten stronger. "She's the manager of this hotel" he replied back. Although that didn't stop making me jealous.

I continued to avoid eye contact with him as I went to climb on the other bed. But when I got on it Johnny gently grabbed my arm "she means nothing to me, and I have never, nor will I ever have something with her" he blurted out. His hands had finally unwrapped around my arms as I sit on the bed and watch me and Johnny look in each other's eyes.

"Can you please come back to bed with Hope and I" he asked with the most polities tone I have ever seen him use. It shocked me but I didn't want to show it so I nodded my head yes slowly, as I got off my bed and entered back to the old one.

A few moments later I felt arms wrap around Hope and I. I looked over at Johnny who was getting comfortable, trying to close his eyes. I could tell he was struggling considering that he doesn't sleep often— or at all, and he did keep moving side to side.

I sighed as I watched him struggle for a few more seconds before I buried my head in his chest, stopping him from moving at all. "Sorry...was I bothering you" he whispered as I felt his head lay on mine. "I just didn't want Hope to wake up..." I mumbled as I brushed my finger up and down on her arm gently.

The Next Day

I woke up still in Johnnys arms. However Hope wasn't in mine, and I couldn't feel or see her anywhere. I jumped out of bed freaking out, which woke Johnny up too. "Where's Hope!!!" I shouted, walking all over the place. "S-Shes w-with L-Lauren" he stuttered, still flickering his eyes in tiredness. "How do you know that" I questioned, still standing up while my heart kept beating faster.

"I-I dropped her off there so you can get more rest..." he said, still partially stuttering. "Come back to bed" he whined, reaching his arms out for me. "I'm hungry" I argued back. Before I could walk myself to the kitchen, Johnny grabbed me, pulling me back into the bed

"Johnny!!!" I yelled trying to get out of his strong grip. "Mhm you're so warm" he mumbled, holding me in his grip firmly. I sighed, eventually giving up on attempting to escape. "When did you get like this" I muttered as I faced him.

He stayed silent, finally letting go of me. I may have offended him, but I wasn't sure so I asked him. He did say he wanted me to be bold with him. "What happened"

He ignored my questioned and forced himself off the bed— or at least tried to before I pulled him back on "what happened" I asked again, this time in a more serious tone. He looked away from me but still chose to answer "how am I suppose to show my love for people while trying to prove I'm not weak" he muttered.

It took a few seconds for me to open my mouth back up to speak. "You're not weak" I muttered while slightly mumbling considering that I wasn't expecting to have this type of conversation with Johnny. "I'm just not use to showing your love for— anyone" I added, mumbling through every word.

"Cuddle" Johnny asked reaching his arms out. I sighed, as I gave him a glare before cuddling into his chest "you have two minutes" I muttered, looking up at his adorable upset face. "Five" he blurted out, looking back down at me. "Fine, you're lucky you're so cute" I commented before kissing his cheek.

A second later I felt someone lick my cheek. I rolled my eyes, knowing it was Johnny, and rubbed my sleeve against my cheek "seriously!" I muttered, glaring at him "isn't that a thing couples do?" He questioned "No" I muttered, still glaring at his embarrassed face.

I chuckled at the moment of awkwardness afterwards. "I'm joking" I said as I go to kiss his neck "but don't do that again" I added before pulling away. However, he looked at me with a smirk, knowing that it annoyed me.

I playfully nudged his shoulder as I got out of bed and ready for the day. Midway of me getting ready, Johnny had grew to be inpatient considering that I was taking over an hour "you do not need make up" he muttered, death staring me. "I want to look good" I replied back, knowing this would get into an argument, but I was eager to win since I do not appreciated in controlling me.

Johnny took a deep breath, sighing at my stubbornness.  About a half an hour later I was finally ready. Before walking out the door Johnny grabbed my hand, but I let it go instantly.