Chapter 44

Real

Wala akong naintindihan sa presentation dahil lumipad na ang isip ko. After the afternoon activities, I had the chance to talk to some executives and luckily I managed to keep the conversation going despite the turmoil inside me.

Pagkatapos magpaalam kina Daddy at Cheryl ay sumakay ako ng elevator at tinungo ang kwarto. Tila sabik na bata akong humiga sa kama pagkarating ko. Hindi ko pa nahuhubad ang damit ko. I need to take a shower before I have my dinner. Magpapahatid nalang ako dito sa kwarto. I don't feel like going out. Baka makita ko lang ang asawa ko. The fact that he's here in Cebu, there's a big possibility that I might see him.

Hindi naman sa ayaw ko siyang makita. For mercy's sake, I haven't seen him for weeks and I badly want to see him because I miss him. Pero may rason naman akong iwasan siya.

Nagtagal ako sa banyo. The good thing about taking a shower is that it temporarily takes off my mind off problems. Nakailang kuskos ako kaya namula ang balat ko.

I ordered room service after taking a bath. I was watching TV while drying my hair.

stanleygabrielalcantara@gselaw.com

If you're not going to reply, then I'm going to your room right now.

Wait. What? Nahagis ko ang cellphone sa kama.

Hinayaan ko nalang na nakabuhaghag ang mamasa-masa kong buhok. Tumayo ako at pinulot ulit ang cellphone at binasa ng ilang ulit ang mensahe.

He's bluffing, isn't he? How the hell will he know which room I'm staying in? Kahit na sabihin pa nating dito rin siya nag-check-in, there's no way he'd know where I am.

But is it possible that staff disclose my details? Diba, hind pwede iyon?

Was he stalking me?

I think I need to take a shower again to help me clear my mind.

A knock on the door made me gasp. To think that it was Gab, I stayed still and thought of a better thing to do.

I heard the person announcing the department and I realized it was my food being delivered. I opened the door and let the woman staff come in and put the food tray on the table. I thanked her and gave her a tip before she left.

I looked at the food and heaved a sigh.

It only took one email to lose my appetite. I can't force myself to be in a mood to eat no matter how tempting the food is.

My eyes went to the door when I heard commotion outside. I wedged the door open enough to squeeze out my head and take a peek. Nanggagaling pala ang ingay sa harap ng katabing kwarto. Sa harap ng pinto ay may nakatayong babaeng nakasuot ng beige bodycon mesh dress that creates an illusion of being naked.

Bumagay naman sa kanya. It defines her waistline and shows a lot of bare skin. But why is she tugging the man's arms?

And he's there. Ang iniiwasan ko kanina pa. He's wearing a suit, only without a coat and a tie.

"I told you I'm married. I have a wife." Pinipilit ni Gab na kalasin ang kamay ng babae sa kanyang braso.

"I can't see her and you're not even wearing your wedding ring."

Pumikit ang mga mata ni Gab at bahagyang tumingala na tila frustrated sa mga nangyayari. He looked at my direction and he saw me standing outside my door, watching them. Nagtama ang aming mga mata.

"There. She's my wife," baling niya sa babae at tinuro ako.

Nalipat sa akin ang tingin ng babaeng nakalingkis sa kanya at ngumisi kay Gab. "You probably know some jokes. I have almost believed you only if I saw her coming out of your room." Tumawa pa ang babae at tuluyan nang kumalas kay Gab at humalukiphip. "How come that you're married when you stay in separate rooms?" she asked, shaking her head. "Oh. Entertain me some more."