Chapter 3

"Okay, just shake your cup a little... perfect!"

Pink tongue poking out from in between his painted lips, Bennett draws his phone closer to inspect the video they'd taken. Pursing his lips in annoyance he shakes his head, the fluff on his beanie swaying with the move.

"Sky, can we take another one? I want my nails to show." The pleading tone referred to his freshly done manicure, his nails had been coated with a shade almost identical to his nail color, with swirls of various shades of green decorating the otherwise simple paint.

Sighing in boredom, the ginger boy nods in disinterest. They'd been sitting in Central Park for over an hour, with Bennett documenting everything they saw, the boy's phone's storage was surely suffering by now. An outsider would think taking pictures was the blonde boy's full-time job.

His appearance was deceiving, despite popular belief, the flamboyant boy's profession was not that of an artistic one, he was a nurse. Although Bennett certainly had an eye for art of all sorts, he'd chosen a different path for his career. He wouldn't admit it but he had been under the pressure of his parents, who were way too successful, in choosing medicine, nevertheless, he did enjoy his job.

"I promise it's the last one." Sending Skyler an apologetic smile he fidgets with the beaded charm attached to his purple phone case.

Eyes softening at his sheepish mate, "Fine.".

Squealing, Bennett jumps into Skyler's arms, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Peppering Skyler's freckled face in multiple kisses, "You're the best." he says in a singsong voice.

The weather was cool, the soft breeze was tickling their sensitive skin, reddening their cheeks. Bennett was decked in a woolen sweater over mom jeans that loosely fit his slim form. His scarf and gloves matched the beanie covering his blonde hair, with the fluffy ball sitting on top of his head, he looked endearing. They'd made their coffees at home and had brought them in their matching thermos'.

Skyler was wearing a green sweater, over brown pants. His pearl necklace, which had been gifted to him by his friend on Christmas, laid neatly beneath the collar of the beige button-up he'd decided on wearing under his sweater.

Both boys paid incredible attention to their appearances, with Bennett choosing bolder colors and patterns that stuck out, and Skyler going with softer and neutral tones that worked wonders in pushing him into the background, like the extras in a movie. Their preferred styles suited them well and brought out their assets.

They sat in the crowded park for a little longer, with their teeth chattering from the decrease of temperature, and Skyler's lack of proper winter clothing, they decided it was best to head home. Throwing the empty box that had contained a dozen small cupcakes not even half an hour ago, they left the park.

Blue eyes gazing at Sky's lips that had slightly turned blue from the cold in concern, made the shivering boy stop and questioningly stare at his shorter mate.

Not a question but a statement, "You're cold.", the blonde boy muttered.

Skyler hadn't brought additional coverings to shield his body from the cold, unlike Bennett who looked like he was going straight on a skiing trip. His sweater did little to keep his slender form warm. "Y-yeah, but we'll be home soon."

Scoffing while rolling his eyes Bennett mutters something angrily, that Skyler couldn't quite catch but he and Soren would bet money that his mate had called him an 'idiot'.

Continuing to mutter to himself, Bennett slides the woolen fabric covering his left hand off and silently pulls it over Skyler's ice-cold fingers. His face had a stubborn glint therefore the ginger boy made no moves to argue, besides he was aware of the pain that not being able to provide for your mate would bring, so he kept his blue lips shut. Once the trembling boy's left hand was covered by the white fabric, Bennett removes his scarf and wraps it around his mate's neck, once satisfied he tangles the boy's bare fingers with his own and starts leading him to their apartment.