Filler 7

Blue eyes assessed their environment thoroughly as his lithe body smoothly wove around the people littered mindlessly in the store.

"Please, please slow down." Harper huffed breathlessly as he tried to catch up to him.

A Bennett in his shopping state was a force not to be reckoned with. He was in his element, tirelessly moving from store to store, not seeming to mind the heavy bags stacked on his arm increasing with each exit. The loaded straps of carton would create indents in his pale arms, reddening them for the foreseeable future.

"Absolutely not! I saw the cutest skirt and I'm sure someone else is already moving to grab it."

Harper quickly looked at Skyler who was as breathless as him and with cheeks so red he looked as if he'd run a marathon. They were currently popping Harper's, 'shopping with Bennett' cherry while Skyler had been in the very position many more times than what was healthy.

"Don't distract him. He'll fight anyone who gets in his way." He wheezed.

"I'm gonna pass out," Harper whined.

A delighted squeal danced in their ears, leaving a ringing sensation behind as it died down. Mission accomplished. The blonde returned with two of the skirt gripped tightly in his hands.

It was a low-waisted denim skirt, its light blue fabric was pleated, giving it an early 2000's look. They were dragged to the mall when Bennett decided that Harper's clothes were unacceptable. The boy, without allowing himself access to the near fortune Finnigan had left for him, had been living hand to mouth. Therefore, he couldn't afford the luxury of dressing nicely. Most of his clothes were thrifted.

This shopping spree was an all-expenses-covered occasion by Felix. The man had wanted his mate to be able to explore his style, especially after catching the longing look he'd send Bennett's way. And he also respected Harper's decision to not touch the money right in his palms.

Harper had been robbed of so much of his life that they'd all agreed to make his time going forward, as best as possible, even if that included mindless materialistic bliss.

"We're going to try this." He declared as he held Harper's hand, leading him to the changing rooms.

"Is that a... skirt?" The boy asked unsurely.

"Yes? Oh, is that a problem?"

"No, no. Just never imagined myself wearing a skirt."

The clothing was made of little fabric, it would do near to nothing in covering his insecurities, allowing them to hide between its hard fabric. Harper's legs, much like the rest of his body, were heavily scarred and bruised. The skin in certain areas seemed as if it were being pinched, and others looked like the wax of a burnt candle.

Yes, he did have a problem with the skirt. No, he wouldn't bring it up with Bennett. His blonde mate was over the moon with excitement from the moment he'd given him free rein over his closet, he wouldn't go back on his word now.

He respected his comfort zone. Of course, he did. However, that didn't mean he wouldn't dip his toes to test outside of it at the expense of his mate.

"You guys are gonna look so good! You should get matching outfits." Skyler gushed.

He preferred more muted colors and patterns. He liked everything from shades of browns to greens and mom jeans with trendy sneakers. He liked to keep his clothes loose, comfortable yet stylish. Of course, he'd had his blonde mate's help in figuring out what he liked and what suited him best.

Skirts just weren't him. He loved Bennett in them and he was sure he'd love Harper in them too, however, he'd pass when one was handed over to him. He'd tried them one too many times, having been the mannequin for Bennett's designs brought to life by his sewing machine, and his experience was all too much the same. He felt uncomfortable and exposed.