Filler 9

Bennett rushed around the apartment, a pile of fluffy blankets were stacked in his arms, blocking his view and staggering his steps. Felix was in the kitchen intently preparing snacks, though he'd certainly prepared a feast. And Elias was in the living room, setting up the movie they were going to watch and making sure the sound system was immaculate.

All the while in the small guest room Harper was occupying, Skyler was trying to keep his mate inside. This was going to be their first official date together and they wanted to make it extra special for their boy.

"Sky." Harper whined, once again flopping onto his bed, legs and arms spread wide open, "Please can we get a cow?"

Skyler chuckled as he lifted his mate's limp arm to sit beside him, "Where would we keep it, honey."

"Here. In my room." Harper said confidently.

Skyler perked up at the opportunity, they'd been meaning to ask him to move into their room, however they didn't want to make him uncomfortable. This was the perfect moment to bring it up, "Oh... Where would you stay?"

Harper thought for a moment, "In your room... Maybe?" he blushed.

"You'd want that?" Skyler asked hopefully. He was trying to be cautious as he didn't want to pressure him into accepting something he wasn't ready for.

"Would you?"

"Nope, I asked first so you have to answer first."

Harper pouted, in all honesty he was dying to move into their room. He wanted to cuddle with his mates all night, not just before fell asleep. He was mostly vocal about the things he wanted, however in this case he was afraid of impeaching their privacy. Would five be a crowd he wasn't sure.

Harper thought for a moment, fiddling with the buttons of his pajamas, which were matching with his mates, "I-I want to."

It took all of Skyler's self control not to start squealing happily, he had to make sure Harper was completely on board, "If you need time that's okay."

"Do you not want me to?" Harper asked, however he felt bad about his question because he already knew the answer. He just wanted to divert the attention away.

"Of course not. In fact I'd very much love to have you with us. All of us would."

"Then can I sleep with you guys tonight?" He asked excitedly.

"That'd be great."

"So when can we start renovating my room for our cow? I don't think it can jump onto my bed, it's a little high."

Skyler rolled his eyes, "I don't think we're going to get a cow anytime soon Harps, maybe a cat will do in the meantime?"

"Skyler." Harper said, his dark brows furrowed, "They're nothing alike."

Skyler laughed, "We live in Manhattan baby, in an apartment."

"So? It can be a city cow." Harper retaliated.

"Who's going to look after it when we're not home?"

"Me. I'll be a stay at home dad."

Skyler was full on laughing while Harper stared at him a bit offended. Though he wasn't too mad because his mate looked absolutely stunning, the bubbles of laughter erupting from his throat were delightful to him.

"Stop judging me."

"I-I'm-" Skyler took a moment to breathe and wipe away the tears in his eyes, "You're adorable."

"Well that's rude."

Right before Skyler was about to retaliate, Bennett entered the room with an excited smile, "Hey guys, why don't you come inside?"