Chapter 30

The five men were huddled on their living room sofa, switching from channel to channel only to see that every single news station was broadcasting the menacing side of Lupus Medicina.

The outcome of their exposè was indeed very satisfying as they saw how even the most nonchalant and professional news anchors looked disturbed. The information they provided was backed up with hard evidence taken from the files.

Since the news came out about the company, many shareholders have fled the country in their jets. Not soon after, an international order was placed that none of the Jilani's or partners were allowed to leave and if they were located outside of the United States, they were to be arrested and then handed over.

The Rodriguez's, Stoyanov's, and Levy's had all made public statements as to how the newfound information was disgusting and that the company's actions didn't resonate with their beliefs.

As all of this was unfolding, Harper's emotions were muddling. He was relieved but scared and most of all embarrassed. His name had appeared quite often in broadcasts and he was labeled a "victim". Harper had become the poster child for human testing and all the attention was distressing.

"Can I... Can I go to my room... please?" Harper asked with a small voice.

His mates' eyes widened in surprise. There was no "Harper's room" anymore. He hadn't even been in that room since he'd started sleeping with them.

Bennett looked around hoping someone would be the first to speak, however when the silence stretched, he sighed, "Of course, you can Harps but... are you okay?"

Harper's eyes instantly filled with the question, "I don't- I'm... I don't think so."

"Maybe we could spend time together, you know... to get your mind off things?" Skyler suggested.

"Let's lay off the TV for a while, okay? We could try to bake and decorate cookies, how does that sound?" Elias piped up.

A sad smile morphed the boy's face as he hesitantly shook his head, "I want to be alone... if that's alright."

Felix tiredly ran a hand over his face. Of course, it was not alright. They were supposed to comfort their boy until every negative thing on his mind evaporated. Unfortunately, that was not possible, so he could only nod in response.

Once the door was gently shut behind him, Harper plopped onto his former bed. Guilt crept up his spine heading for his ears to whisper cruel words about how bad of a mate he was. Because that's what he was- a bad mate. He'd outright rejected the four men.

He groaned, wanting to disappear then and there. From the corner of his eye, he saw Henry peeking behind the curtain. Gosh, he'd left the poor plant on the windowsill for weeks. He sluggishly made his way over to the droopy, forgotten herb.

"Oh Henry I'm so sorry." He sighed, voice wobbling with the tears forming in his eyes.

He was so so happy with his mates. His heart had been kept warm and content with the love it harbored for each of them, however, he'd gone through so much since meeting them and he was tired.

He didn't have time or energy to spend on himself anymore, he'd even neglected a plant he'd grown with so much love for someone who he really cared about. He'd been excited about Henry, the whole process was supposed to be fun. The plant was supposed to have its very own birth certificate and ID and even a passport. It was supposed to make him happy.

He loved his mates- he really did, but he couldn't deny the negative impact they'd had on his life.

He gently held a yellowing leaf between his thumb and index fingers, "How am I going to get over this?"