Chapter 31

Thalia didn't know what she wanted to do to her son-in-laws. She wanted to hurt them but how?

She sat straighter from her seat on the bench, her senses becoming alert as she spotted the marred boy. Her eyes trailed the boy's frail figure as he awkwardly walked into the hospital. His posture was slouched as he fiddled with the loose threads of his glove. She scoffed. She knew what was tucked beneath the glove and that made her stomach churn.

Elias was truly an ill-fated man.

She had been confused when he had first introduced Felix to them as his mate. Not only was he a he, he was also an alpha much like Elias. Her son had never shown an interest in men before meeting his mate so he had been blindsided too. Angry even. He had initially refused to accept the older man as his soulmate, though Felix had eventually worn him down.

Thalia had been against the bond but at least the man had been from a well-rooted, respected family. The Rodriguez Family came from generations of wealth and was proudly one of the oldest families still standing. It helped that they had a pack as well.

Then came Bennett and while also a man, the blond was pretty and feminine, an omega like she was. He was the heir to the strongest Slavic family that stood well after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Their wealth was a bundle of legal and illegal gains which wasn't a problem for her. They were the Stoyanovs.

Though common, having multiple mates went against traditional values which had been a problem that emerged once Bennett was brought into the picture. Thalia had begged Elias to reject his alpha mate and live on with the omega. Her son had stubbornly refused, stating that he somehow loved the man and he would be incomplete without him.

The woman didn't insist much as the privilege that came with the Rodriguez name eventually overshadowed her values.

An unfortunate Charity Ball arranged by her had introduced the scrawny redhead to their lives. The boy, a painfully shy delta and still a college student had shaken the peace she had struggled to find about her son's partners. Skyler was a delta. The lowest, filthiest rank a shifter could be and he had somehow managed to be mated to her son.

Accepting that a delta would be a part of their family had been tough, but she had pulled through thanks to the Levy's. While their wealth was newly acquired, they were dominating the tech industry with their findings and had strong ties with the government being one of the largest arms manufacturers.

Her son and his four mates, though unconventional and extremely sinful, were perfect together. Four attractive, rich, and powerful men tied together by a bond. A bond that had filled her pockets.

So where did Harper stand?

He was a delta with no one to lean back on. He wasn't like Skyler. He was poor, ugly, and an orphan.

Ever since her relationship with Elias had gone south she had been scavenging ways to repair it. At the time Harper had seemed like her answer. She would find a way to get him out of their hair. Free them from the constraints of the scarred boy.

She knew her son and if it weren't for the fragile state his heart had been in when he'd met the boy, there was no way Elias would want Harper in his life.

Sure he thought he loved him now but could he proudly show him off to his business partners? Could he take him to galas and not feel a sliver of shame?

As much as the man would hope to say, of course, Elias was far too pretentious of a person. She had raised him after all.

Since that day in the mall, Thalia had her men tail her son's mate. They kept tabs on him, following him around and she'd honestly forgotten about it all when her husband got arrested and the government took over their company.