A realisation as the first petal falls

It was a quiet night. The server was sleeping apart from two. Jimmy and Scott.

Dangthatsalongname was tending to the flowers before sitting on the hill leading to his home. Across from him, the house of the blonde that he couldn't shake from his thoughts. Even if he wasn't his main focus, Jimmy was at the back of his mind, plaguing it. Not really. The clueless cyanette liked the thought of Solidarity always in his head. Pictures of his wide smile, youthful grin. Playback tapes of his infectious giggle or lack of words as he stumbles over them. A heat forms on his cheeks, a pink glow also present. He thinks to when Jimmy gave him the flower and confessed his love. The pure bliss as the beautiful flower ,that was vibrant red, was given to him. His thoughts then moved to the flower he gave Martyn, now he thought about it, the expression on Jimmy's face was akin to jealousy? He didn't understand why he looked at the other blonde like he was bent on killing him but he did. Scott felt nothing like he did with Jimmy that day in the cave. No happiness just a friendly joy. Martyn had given him a small smile, not like the ones he and Jimmy had shared. He didn't think of Jimmy like he did anyone else in fact. When he pouts, becomes defensive, teases Scott back, it only makes his heart skip a beat.

Jimmy was also thinking. Laid in bed, draped in his covers, the events of the past two days running through his head like a DVD. The jealousy, the possessiveness, the blush when Scott was sassy to Martyn, thinking he was flawless. The cyan-haired man was badgering his thoughts, tormenting him but he didn't care. Scott was perfect. When he said he had to be good at something, his heart ached to bring him into an embrace, tell him, assure him, he was better than good at everything, he was amazing at everything he did, that he found it admirable how invested into work Scott could get until it was complete, the ecstasy he felt when he came back to find his house re-made by a tired looking Scott. Their first interaction, a smiling cyan-haired man looming down at him, the banter, the flower. A poppy, nothing special or rare, but to Scott, it seemed, it was the greatest gift he had ever received. The irony hit him, making him laugh. The item that started this mess of emotions was surrounding them in their shared home. A flower field. 

Love was a foreign feeling to them both.

Scott being gay hadn't had many relationships.

And while Jimmy had been in good relationships, the connection was never there, he hadn't looked at the possibility of dating a man, not because he was against it, just because there was never a man that understood him like Scott, cared like Scott, made him feel loved and equal like Scott, he had never felt this way about anyone.....apart from Scott. It suddenly clicked for him. The adoration, the joy, the urge to be with him, near him, by his side through everything. The confession in the cave, it wasn't a joke. He did love that man, with ever fibre of his being. He would put his life on the line for him, protect him, stand by him, love him, make sure he took care of himself. He laughed and smiled alone in his hobbit room. He was an oblivious idiot. 

Scott still couldn't figure it out. But unlike Jimmy there was no way of comparing his feelings to past relationships. He was a best friend, a brother, someone he could trust, could be sure anything he did would be rewarded, a person he wanted to keep in his life forever. Yet a certain thought wouldn't click. He could tell there was something else, but his brain wouldn't think for him. So he thought about what Jimmy would do. The blonde wouldn't use his head but rather his heart. So, albeit reluctant, Scott did that. Let his heart take hold of every memory so far with Solidarity. Then it registered. He didn't feel friendly adoration, he felt love. Jimmy made him feel warm, welcomed, loved, understood, worthy. He made Scott feel like it was only him. No one else mattered, just Scott. He sighed, a smile creeping onto his features. He was inadvertently ignorant. 

Love was a feeling that made them feel warm inside. Together, they had a bond that could never and would never break. Not through war, through loss, through death. The two were together till the end. Be that watching as a ghost when their timer rang, or holding hands in front of an army of armed bows, together they would stand as a pair.

Jimmy leapt out of bed, he couldn't take it anymore, Scott had to know, weather he was rejected or not, it was only fair. So climbing his stairs he opened his door to find Scott looking at his door, now his eyes, with a smile wider than any fence and eyes brighter than the stars. It took Jimmy by surprise as he stopped dead in his tracks at the look. It was directed at him. Another reminder of his undying love for that man. He ran to Scott and pulled him into a hug. Unresponsive at first, Scott returned it with as much bone-crushing force. The two sat like that for a while, not saying anything, just enjoying the warmth of the embrace. They would never know who pulled away first because they weren't paying attention to anything but each others eyes.

"Scott." he breathed, still trying to regain it from running, "There's something I need to tell you."

"Me too Jimmy." he spoke softly, gently reaching to rub the blondes cheek. Jimmy subconsciously pushed into the gesture. "On three?" , "On three." Scott agreed.

1

2

3

"I love you Scott."

"I love you Jimmy."

They sat in a stunned silence, still looking at each other in the eyes. Their expressions soft and smiling as the words registered in their heads. Finally, the lovers hugged again, "I'm so happy you do Scott, I was scared, I didn't want to lose you." Scott just hummed and rubbed Jimmy's back soothingly. "It was the flower." he confesses, more to himself than to the blonde.  "The way you were so gentle, I... I don't know how to describe it.", "You don't have to, trust me it was the same for me. Your reaction was just-" he was quietened by lips on his. Slowly they found a rhythm. It was fuelled by love. Not deepened for passion or lust. Soon they pulled away. 

For a time they gazed into each others eyes before the tell tale screeching of phantoms sounded from above their heads. As Jimmy stood and began to retreat back to his house, Scott caught his wrist, like he had earlier when the cyanette had told him about the diamonds, "Stay." was all he said, all the words needed to be spoken for the two to venture into Scott's house. Jimmy marvelled at the detailed and intricate interior, "You really are an amazing builder Scott." the man in question let out a breathy snort before pulling the still gazing blonde to his bed.

Together the cuddled pair slept peacefully. And as their breaths mingled and heart beats synched, the vibrant poppy which started all of this, lost it's first petal.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BONUS!!

From the hill behind Jimmy's house, the rest of the server came running quietly as Grian sent out a message for them to do so. Most worried something had happened, they all smiled at each other when they realised what was happening. "There's a camera and mic that's picking everything up through my earpiece." he giggles, "Finally confessed?" a small hum of agreement from the sweater boy saw silence as they viewed the kiss. Small "aaws" and "finallys" were muttered as the group watched the two walk into Scott's house hand in hand. "They can be oblivious idiots sometimes. I could tell whenever I was with them something was there." Martyn said, "It's true my dudes, the first day when they found me I could tell they had been alone and something like a joking confession had been said because they were smiling from ear to ear." Ren joined in. Soon they all went back home, happy the two had finally found love in each other.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Done. I loved writing this chapter so I hope you enjoyed reading it. Have an amazing day or night and good luck to anyone going back to school this week (me).

       Tj xxx