Grief in a time of death Part 2

"Why is there just an enchanting table here?" honestly he hadn't a clue. Jimmy had seen it when he came to Dogwarts minutes prior but paid no attention to it. Now he has re-thought, it was a bit suspicious that it was out, in the open, accessible for anyone to use. No fee. Nothing. Even Martyn didn't know. It was outside his shred base and he was unsure if it was Renchantings or not. Scott became increasingly worried it was some form of trap, most likely fatal, set up by a sly Scar and conniving Grian.

Scott carefully mined the enchanting table, revealing an object that looked like it was crafted from stone, like a furnace in shape. All three men panicked and ran away from the mysterious object. "Somethings happening outside-" the alarmed voice of Ren came through the doors of his base, watching as Martyn broke the device. 

"It's a scuffed TNT trap." relief washed over everyone. That could have ended very differently had it not been set up correctly. Jimmy wondered if Scott would have died, them both being on yellow. He didn't want to think too hard on it, rather that they were all safe and alive.

Were they all safe and alive?

The blonde looked to their onlookers, obviously distraught that their ploy didn't work. They had used materials that were dangerous to collect, wasted time when they could have been hiding, protecting and hoarding their remaining lives, scheming a better and fool-proof plan for a victim by Scar's hands.

Scott had left to confront the thief's alongside BigB. He was slightly anxious something was going to go wrong as they tried to disarm the trap, blow up in their faces. He didn't want Jimmy to die again. Didn't want him to look like scar, sad and on the verge of death. I mean they were he wasn't going to sugar-coat it, one more death, wrong step, wrong fight, stupid move and they were eliminated. Dead. Permanently. 

It made him shiver.

"What went wrong?" Grian looked solemn that it hadn't worked. Yet he had the cookie, why should he care. Scott had a mild resentment, himself and others could of died to that trap. Jimmy could have died. "Yeah why'd you steal his cookie?" Scott laughed, letting himself forget for a moment that his husband, his light, his warmth, his soul could die as they watched from the safety of the mountain.

But he couldn't forget, could he? He was watching it happen, watching their tentative steps and nervous expressions. It plagued his mind that someone he loved was so close to a disaster waiting to happen. The soft caress of pain from another lifetime, a church, lava, explosions. His own maniacal laughter as the world around him blew up. It hurt. He couldn't describe how. It was like a burn yet simultaneously like every bone, ligament and organ was being compressed and broken. He didn't want anyone to go through that. Especially not Jimmy.

Yet his wishes would never be heard. They never are.

Jimmy was climbing around the seemingly glowing box of explosives. He didn't know what possessed him to walk into it. Maybe he was pushed by the wind, lost his balance or grip. Whatever happened, his feet collided with the object, his screams silenced by the loud fulmination.

Scott had his back to the fort when his communicator buzzed violently for a consecutive 3 times, he looked at it to find death messages. Ren's, a green name turned a precarious yellow. The man was powerful, Scott didn't want to see when his eyes turned that threatening red Scar's had done. Skizz also had one, his yellow now a fire red. The last one he noticed was the first to appear. It was the one he never wanted to have seen. 

SolidarityGaming blew up

Jimmy. He had blown up, none of the corpses to be seen. shattered in the ignition. Grian laughed. It was that of a maniac. Yet he was green. Why was he so happy so see so many lives upended when he had yet to die even once. Maybe he had spent too much time around the red name he lived with, intoxicated with evil and longing for death, for distruction. 

It didn't matter, he needed to go home and find Jimmy, maybe kill Grian or Scar for revenge. What? Him too? Maybe bloodlust wasn't solely for red names. Maybe it could be triggered by strong negative emotions. He didn't want to dwell on it at this time. 

He didn't dwell on it.

"YOU DID NOT JUST TAKE OUT TWO OF...THREE OF THEM!" he was mad and upset at the same time, "You're a monster." he looked the red sweater wearing man in the eye's. He didn't look sheepish and he didn't look sorry. Scott couldn't be bothered to deal with him. They seemed to be on good terms and any alliance, with a red and madman or not, was an alliance and they were so precious in this game. He had to let it go.

"I know what went wrong, I lost everything-" Scar pushed the male off, Martyn protecting his friend and also pushing Scar and Grian off, setting Scar on fire. The already red name almost dying for the final time. 

Scott had to get back to his red husband.

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is going to go slightly canon divergent in the name of Scott goes home alone, comforts instead of teases, yada yada yada. I want this series to be more loose like that but mainly canon.

Tj x