Reunion as petals fall and re-grow

Scott landed in water, scrambling to the surface so he didn't drown. The area was so familiar. It should have been, it was outside of the hobbit kingdom. Yet how? He was dead! He had felt as Ren's sword stuck his flesh and left him a fading lump on the floor. It was strange to be back. He had always pictured death as dark, lonely. Not this. Yet he picked himself up and wandered towards the doorway.

It looked different, wood in the paths, leaved and vines hanging from the stone, waterfalls creating a soft hum that quietened his nerves, if only for the moment. He couldn't phase through things like he had expected, yet that didn't bother him. 

He walked around in wonder, taking in the improvements. It occurred to him that he had always wanted his home to look like eventually, he just ran out of time. Funny, wasn't it. He probably had all the time in the world before war broke out and a tsunami of red and death flooded the server and minds of those inhabiting it. It was like they all had a clock, a timer. Their lives an hourglass, the less lives they had, the less sand left in the remaining time before it ran out. 

His had ran out.

Similar to colour, there wasn't any. A saturated end to a life filled with Green, yellow and red. He was so lost in his own home, his own kingdom. Maybe it was because it all looked the same yet so very different. He couldn't see his husbands grave, he didn't want to, a reminder of a loss and more time in solitude. 

Well, that's what he thought.

Because as he looked towards the other house across the lake, a solemn expression and silent grief, a certain blonde walked out the door. The colour brightened to their originals and the cold he hadn't seemed to registered gave way to a natural warmth. 

Red winter was no more.

He didn't care if Ren had yet to die, he wasn't in this life, it was him and Jimmy and he was happy like that.

"Jimmy?" he uttered, as for all the optimism, this could be a puppet on a string, rising hopes just to drop them. It would hurt, a wound that was already opened. He couldn't lose him twice. Not when he was just out of reach. Maybe that was his life now, his desires, his dreams, his husband, on the margin on attainability, yet just too far.  

"Oh. You're here." That was all Scott needed. He didn't need to hear his voice twice before they were both in a tangled heap on the floor. The cyanette didn't realise his damp cheeks and pitiful sounds until Jimmy moved them so Scott was sat in his lap; face hidden in his neck. The blonde made soothing circles on the mans back and encouraged him to let it all out, the grief, the anger, the sorrow, the regret, everything. So he did, let the tears fall freely as the damn broke. Jimmy sat with him through it, whispering sweet nothings and addictive reassurances that he wasn't leaving. They were together now, they wouldn't be separated until they were forcefully pried apart.

"I meant it, when I said it was fate you saw me in the cave that day." , "I know you did petal." They were sat on the bench overlooking the small pond they had. The sun was setting and the temperature dropped, not that they noticed. They were too busy talking about whatever they liked. It was nice to finalkly be back in each others arms, presence. Jimmy didn't feel to alone, Scott didn't feel as hollow. "Do you ever wonder what would have happened if you hadn't of given me that poppy?" , "Not really, I honestly don't think much would have changed sunflower." A light blush rose on the cyanette's cheeks. It wasn't like Jimmy to use a pet name, he wasn't complaining though. 

Speaking of the poppy. It had wilted once Scott died, lost the soul it attached to, both of them. Yet as they both came back, the afterlife calling their names, they re-grew, fostered into the beautiful flower it once was, before the confessions, before the wedding, before the war, before the loss, before the defeat. Scott was certain that was something they would treasure, a reminder that one gesture, one spark started a blaze of love, that not all things have a big start. 

They had a home, they had peace, they had the poppy that started it all.

Most importantly, they had each other.

"It's home?" Scott asked hours later, cuddled into his husbands side.

Jimmy's reply was both simple and easy:

"Home."

                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg this book is done wth!! The video at the top is, what I think, a representation of what moments I put in my work and some of the other ones I left out! Thsi was not made for me and the credits go to Enki. 

I also used a 5SOS playlist by Lashton on vynl like I did in the early days of writing this book. I hope you have enjoyed and I'm so excited to move on to new and exciting ideas! 

I am sad to see this one go but, don't worry, it will be making some form of a return!

31.12.21

The end of an era.

New beginnings.

New chances.

New chapters to be written and old to be renewed.

Could it be to do with this??