Bridges burn in a time of fire part 1

His face was beet red, probably a darker crimson than his hearts. A burning red that signalled danger. Yet he was being teased by Scott, his husband,  a very alive green name. If he was being honest though, it led to a very interesting quarrel. Scott thought he could trust him! Even with a single task Jimmy was sure he could mess just about anything up. In his defence, last night Scott was also blind so he took that as a slight victory, the man usually with eyes or a hawk- better even.

Scott was impressed. Jimmy had the sense - from the most likely one braincell he had- to realise they had a sole villager, their enemies and shadows with multiple. He wasn't sure why he referred to the Hobbit Kingdom's mutual's like that. They weren't invisible or particularly menacing at present, but they seemed to lurk, not really been into contact since his and Jimmy's wedding. However, it was a good observation and took some thinking on. For one idea, they could steal and use them, or, go on a killing spree, something that seemed to make something evil shimmer in the far reaches of his husbands eye's, the red brighter, akin to fire or lava. Threatening. Yep Jimmy was definitely happy to kill, the ponderous and excited sound elicited when he verbalised of the thought running a shiver down his spine, through his legs and across his system. 

They had a plan then?

A failed one. I mean don't get Jimmy wrong when he says it was nice to snoop again, memories of the early days warming him, his every movement light and reminiscent. But if he had to go through how far he jumped when Cleo came through that Iron door again, believe him when he say he wouldn't. It was like a remote. For a time he forgot she was unable to initiate combat on him, backing further into the room as Scott stood and watched her saunter in. 

She could still hurt Scott however. 

For some reason something deep within burned at the prospect.

She had a firework armed crossbow. When he saw Jimmy run into the further corners of the room, Cleo walk in, he had expected her to shout, usher them out, not pull out a lethal weapon where they had little chance of living, the room too small to escape through efficient and effectively. It was enchanted too, the plain wood glowing an ominous purple, carvings scarped into the wood. 

It was aimed at Scott.

Maybe that was because she could hurt him without the cyanette actually doing anything, maybe that was because she was right in front of him. Whatever the reason, it spiked some form of protectiveness in the red life, unable to watch Scott die and he was rendered practically useless, frozen, the clocks stopped for him to mourn. 

That could never happen. Not in this world. Not when it was cruel, unforgiving.

Then it was lava. How to solve that? Bread.

Oh and a sword too. Bread will save the day surely!

Luckily Cleo was nice enough to allow them to trade, giving them an alibi if Impulse was to catch them. The duo did need sticks, but with forests and trees surrounding them, that couldn't be much of an issue.

"Scar. What's happening?"

"Your base is burning down."

"What?"

Scar wasn't the best ally ever but at least he had told him. By the time Jimmy had managed to traverse back to his shared home with Scott, a portion of the walls were gone, only a few bits still standing among the non-existent ash.

By contrast, Scott was amazed he wasn't mad. He was upset his wall was gone, but he didn't want to throw hands, not yet at least. It was more a simmering irritation. As well as confusion. He understood Dogwarts weren't keen on them, not after Jimmy's outburst. It was likely, but he thought Ren knew that when Scott was vengent, he was mean and he didn't think twice. It was a bold move, very bold. Maybe it was time they visited the red king.

They decided to detour to Joel's. He was a rouge, drifting between ally ships and solitude. Somehow he had managed to survive like that for the most part. At the moment it seemed he was tied to Ren and his mercenaries, but that may not stay, not with the mans reputation so far holding true.

He wasn't home. They left with the intention to return.

An allience between the crastle and the hobbits. Not only were they both safer by outnumbering Renchanting in how many factions were helping them, but with both teams having two people at least, if their partners died, they would have each other. For Scott and Cleo that worked out beautifully, having a bond if their Red companions perished. The cyanette didn't favour thinking about it, yet he knew the blonde wouldn't last much longer, creating a large gap and vulnerability for him. It was difficult, but he had to think about how he might move forward when the day came eventually.

If Scott shared his spelling skills, or lack thereof, he swore the man was digging himself a grave. Also Impulse was going to set a trap? Amazing luck there because he would have been gone, he wasn't ready for that, not ever, but it would come in the future, the near one as more reds began to appear. He missed green at this point. 

What was it with the crastle and pointing crossbows at people! That time it was more Cleo or the wall's direction but still! He had a reserved fear of the new alliance, just because they seemed to favour arrows and distanced combat, he preferred none but close-contact was his stronger one, and they probably had deadly aim.

It was, surprising? Scott was having a civil conversation due to the present rift between the two. Yet it didn't astonish him. Red lives and being foe's aside, the duo were good men with honourable hearts overcome with the pressures and side affects of the world. However they weren't culprits and it made the cyanette wonder just how likely it was that Joel or Etho - both very okay with arson - decided the hobbits had escaped the chaos a bit too much.

The walls of hostility had been rebuilt. Until the end of this sickening event, they probably wouldn't fall again, not for them at least.

Scar's flint and steel broke whilst he burnt down Etho's base and he had no lava. Jimmy was stuck. He had been so sure on either of the two and neither were accountable. The only person he could think it could be now was Joel. It would make sense, the man evading his house and seemingly disappearing into air.

Etho was there. Probably retribution against his home now debris. He seemed to run to their base, the trap not activating. Scott and Jimmy were happy to sit on the sidelines and watch, observing what appeared a very intense bow battle, that was before they heard the distent comman of engage, both equipping their bows and firing. 

Another wave of insecurity washed over the server as one more fell to the hands of a curse, manipulative and cruel, aching for blood and a crimson army.

Yellow turned to red.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is in two parts for 1 it is quite lengthy. Like the part I've written is only just over halfway through that episode and I like the ending line "Yellow turned to red". I may change the name but it will still say "part 2" as it's from the same episode.