Loss in a time of destruction

Scott and his walls. It wasn't something Jimmy thought he would re-build so quickly, possibly now focused on armour, weapons and potions as war brewed beneath the surface. However, the new cobble, stone; stone brick combination looked amazing and it was much more reliable than the wood, although that definitely fit the area better. You win some you lose some he guessed. Scott was currently coming out of his house, obviously finished with getting up, dressed and geared up. Apparently he had been staring at nothing, according to a chuckling Scott. It reminded him that, throughout the server, husbands or friends, the cyanette loved to tease him, yet the care that was hidden in his tone always pacified that worry he was laughing at him, his misfortune, staying by his side out of pity.

Jimmy looked lost in a world of wonder. The underground bunker wasn't necessarily to hide them (if needed it could) but to store and conceal potions and spare things they may need. It wasn't huge, but it was conventional and would surely be used at some point in the near future, possibly that day if Dogwarts decided to call war upon their enemies. 

War was the one thing he was dreading, he was fearing, he was praying wouldn't happen for a good amount of time yet. Not because he was scared of death, not because he didn't want the Red King dead, in view of the fact he did, he really wanted Ren and his mercenaries gone, but because he was afraid of losing Jimmy. Sweet, innocent, Jimmy. He was probably the only red he knew of, had interacted with, that was still the person he was as a Yellow or Green life. He didn't try to fight unless prompted, he didn't destroy or steal. He was stuck to Scott's side most of the time. The cyanette wondered if he was also panicked by his inevitable demise. Maybe because he would lose Scott, maybe because he wanted to win. Whatever the reason, he didn't deserve to die, not yet, not ever. Yet he couldn't make that decision. 

That's what scared them both the most. That's what scared everyone the most.

Uncertainty.

Scott swore he just jumped about 8ft in the air. Jimmy's urgent but extremely loud shouts shocked him from his jobs in the storage room. He wondered if it was the red life, maybe he was unable to be as gentle as he used to be. However, Jimmy lead him into his house, through the painting into his alliance/enemy room. There sat a cake, innocent enough, right? No. Absolutely not, he put it there as a prank, one Jimmy fell right for. It was funny to watch him panic and insist he eat the cake, anxious of a trap waiting to kill him, end his life. 

He also ate in and ran. That was funny, Jimmy slightly confused as he also sprinted away from the food source. Eventually, he fessed up, Jimmy not seeming too mad.

He couldn't be mad at his husband, that was a given pact he made with no one but himself. Scott did get the paranoid reaction he wanted and expected though, that was annoying.

Scott 1, Jimmy 0, the cyan-haired male would take a victory any day. Although if he gave the blonde apology kisses, no one had to know.

Cleo and Bdubs seemed to have betrayed them. Scott and Jimmy had no one but Scar and Grian know. It hurt, it stung to know they were seen as nothing in the eyes of people they once called friends. Maybe there was something more to it but the four doubted it. Instead they set of towards the dessert. It was safer there, away from Dogwarts. Away from the crastle.

Cleo wanted to rope them into ,what was effectively, a half alliance half enemy bond with the now official crastle. He refused on the grounds he couldn't leave Grian and Scar. Not now. Not after they were the only people who have been loyal since the foundation of their friendship. They backed the flower kingdom and Scott backed the desert people. It was more equal than any he had seen formed. He wasn't going to give that up for Cleo, or anyone.

Childish excitement. If Scott had to describe how happy his husband looked at their door being returned, it would be that. His voice went to a whisper,  a higher octave you usually found with joy, a softer squeal almost. It was nice to see Jimmy smiling, the decaying skin and saturated colour doing nothing to lighten the already tense air surrounding them. Not because they were falling apart, but because he may not have Jimmy for much longer.