𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔: 𝐀 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐞

"Do you guys want to hang out later?" Magnolia asks, stopping by the exit of the building

"Do you guys want to hang out later?" Magnolia asks, stopping by the exit of the building. A smile appears on her face. "We could meet up a bit before supper."

"Sounds great," Aurelia agrees. She puts her hand under her chins and slowly suggests, "Should we meet up at the library?"

"I'm fine with that," Suri says, looking to the rest of us to see if anyone else agrees with her.

Karina nods and says, "It gives me plenty of time to take a nap." "Why do you need a nap when you already woke up late?" Magnolia laughs. "Hey, you can never have enough sleep." Karina looks at me and winks.

I quickly smile back at her to remove any attention from me. I don't want the group knowing something is wrong.

That message.

Who sent me that message? And why? I just don't understand. None of this makes any sense. If someone knows my secret, why not just come up to me and tell it to face? What could they want?

I touch my forehead, feeling it start to hurt with this thinking. I need to talk to Odette. Maybe it'll start to clear up once I explain this to her.

I catch Suri looking at my quizzingly. I take my hand off my forehead and instead use my hand to wipe all the loose strands of hair out of my face. I let out a nervous laugh.

Suri says, "I don't know, Karina." She turns to her, amused. "Odette looks like she's gotten too much sleep," she says, probably noticing my messy uncombed hair.

"Yeah, I think so," I chuckle, scratching my cheek. Karina shakes her head and says, "Nonsense." She looks at all of us, nodding her head. "You can never have enough sleep," she says as if it's a known fact.

"Well, sure you can," Magnolia says, putting her hands on her hips. "Don't think I forgot that one time you were practically acting drunk after sleeping all afternoon."

My eyes practically widen when I hear Magnolia's words. That party I attended during my first week. Could I have slipped up then? It is a possibility that I accidentally revealed something when I wasn't in the right state of mine. But that still doesn't explain how they found Odette's number. I couldn't have explained that far. No, this must be something more.

"Well, I'm going to see professor Himdrick about my psychology presentation," Magnolia explains. "I'll see you girls later!" She waves to us as she heads out.

Karina waves back to her and turns to us. "I'm assuming we're all heading back to our rooms." We all nod in agreement. I am especially eager to get back to our room. I need to talk to Aurelia and Odette about this message. I might have just spit it out now if I hadn't eaten lunch.