𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓: 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

TW: A character uses homophobic language and mention of violence and blood

The referee blows his whistle and forms his hands into a "t-symbol", indicating the halfway point. I'm not too bright on the topic of soccer, but I have enough knowledge to know when it's half-time. As a result, a lot of the fans start to get out of their seat, either to stretch their legs, use the bathroom or get some more snacks.

"It's getting close," Suri nervously says, glancing at the scoreboard. 2-3. With us on the left and Thaxted High on the right, I'm getting nervous too. Thaxted High is actually really good. I guess that's the result of a school setting aside a large budget for sports, and it explains why the students take their sports so seriously. Even so, I have full faith in Octavian Padella Boarding Academy.

Watching Everest finally play, I can see that he was practically made to play soccer. I don't understand why they took him out during the first game if he's that good. I mean, he did score one of our points so far.

Aurelia told me he's a midfielder which unfortunately didn't make sense to me. It was sort of embarrassing when she explained that it's a player positioned on the center of the field. She explained it in a bit more detail, but I just couldn't help thinking about how silly I was. Obviously that's what a midfielder was. It's right in the name.

I watch Everest walk off the field, headed to the bleachers with his teammates to rest. I start to look around the stands, searching for Larissa. I've been doing by this several times throughout the game, trying to see if I can find her.

I'm so curious about her phone call and if I'm being completely honest, I'm worried about her. She sounded genuinely troubled. It's a bit nerve-wracking to watch someone who normally is so calm act distressed like that. At least I know it has nothing to do with Everest since he's clearly playing just fine out on the field.

If I spot her, I might gather up the courage to ask her what happened. I don't mean to pry into her personal life, though that is what I would be doing. In a more realistic approach, I simply want to ask her if she's okay.

"Do you think we'll win?" Aurelia asks me, throwing a piece of popcorn. The watch as the popcorn falls flawlessly into her mouth. Unable to answer due to being mesmerized by Aurelia's hidden talent, I just stare at her, my mouth a bit open in awe.

"What?" Aurelia asks, smiling. "I think we're going to win too, but I just wanted to ask." She shifts side to side in her seat as if anticipating the results, which I suppose we all are in a way.

"I'm not talking about the question, Aurelia," I laugh. "How did you do that?" I point to the popcorn Aurelia's holding just as she throws it into her mouth in, once again, a perfect throw.