𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐: 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬

I shiver in my long sleeve even though it isn't particularly cold

I shiver in my long sleeve even though it isn't particularly cold. I think it was just my nerves acting up again. I've been both eagerly waiting and dreading today. I'm still worried that there won't be any tickets left for me to buy, but I'm also excited to spend a peaceful night with my friends. Just us talking and doing normal things. I don't even want to think about anything else, but of course when I tell myself I won't think about it, I start thinking about it.

I let out a deep sigh, though I wish it didn't come out so loud. "Hey," Aurelia whispers, much more quiet that my loud exhale. She leans closer to me and asks, "Is the box still stressing you out?" even though I thinks she knows the answer.

I nod and breath out a quiet "yes". "We'll figure it out," Aurelia whispers back. "I promise." It's such a simple statement, but the power it holds is remarkable. I do feel better about the situation, like I'm not alone, but the questions still crowd my mind.

A coach bus suddenly drives down the paved path to the school entrance, rolling into the circular driveway before stopping a few feet ahead of us. Waiting at the entrance like this reminds me of my first day. Everything was so uncertain as I walked up those steps with Macy that day.

The girls start to flow towards the door of the bus, eagerly waiting to get inside. I suddenly remember the odd number we have. Who is going to sit with who? Dread washes over me as I come to the realization that I'll have to sit with a stranger.

A professor who I don't know stands by the door and once the doors fly open, she's the first one on the bus. No one else enters just yet, probably waiting for her to talk to the driver.

I'm surprised we're going to be riding on a coach. Usually those are used for long distances and from what I heard, Thaxted High is only a half hour drive from our school. I guess it's just one of the perks of attending a luxury school.

"Come on," Magnolia urges, motioning to us. We reach a spot closer to the front of the bus, but not quite as close as I'd want. The brunette girl selling tickets yesterday said that we should get a seat near the front and I'm determined to get one.

"Settle down, girls," the professor coaxes, her voice a bit throaty and her eyes glued onto her clipboard. "Single file and lets keep this organized and quick now."

As we struggle to form a line, Aurelia attempts to say something to me. "What?" I ask, unable to hear her. "When she asks for your name, she going to—" "Quiet please," the professor overpowers Aurelia's voice completely. "Name?" I hear her say to the first girl in the front. The girl's voice, inaudible, answers. The professor marks something down on her clipboard and the girls heads up the stairs, into the bus.

"What were you saying?" I whisper, cautious of the professor's request. Aurelia leans closer to me and says, "They're going to ask for your name and since you're—" "When I hear talking, I can't hear the names," the professor says, her voice loud again. With her hands on her hips she looks down the line, looking as threatening as ever. "I want to make it clear that the longer we take for this, the longer it'll take for to get there."