𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥

This morning, I, a blonde, woke up as a brunette

This morning, I, a blonde, woke up as a brunette. Not only has my hair changed though. My name is no longer Calista Lillian. As of today, my name is Odette Lillian, at least until my parents figure out anyways.

"Don't be too upset," my devil of a sister says to me. Her eyes gleam with mischief as she says, "You look good with brown hair."

I take my hands off my new hair. "You could have asked me before you dyed my own hair!" I whine.

Odette shrugs. "It needed to be done," she simply says.

"In my sleep!" I emphasis. I understand the need to change my appearance for this to work but a wig would have done the job just as good.

I look at my sister's blonde hair, completely envious. Not only do I miss my hair, but I'm totally annoyed at how smart Odette is. After all, only someone like her could make a crazy plan like this work.

"Hush," Odette shushes me. She puts her hand on my shoulder and turns me so I'm facing the mirror. As I watch my reflection in the mirror, Odette calmly says, "I wouldn't complain so much."

I say, "You dyed my hair in my sleep." In what way am I exaggerating?

"But we wouldn't want mom and dad to find out the truth," Odette says, pouting. "About what you did," she quietly adds.

I roll my eyes, so annoyed. I mean, yes, it is my fault I have my own secrets, but I can't believe I have to go through all of this just because of a stupid thing I did. This is taking blackmailing to a whole different level.

Last week, my idiotic sister took my parents brand new Mercedes-Benz, that they haven't had for even a month now, and decided that it would be the perfect time to try it out for a test run, even though she has failed her license twice already. While I was peacefully asleep in my room, my sister managed to crash the car into a tree and get off without a scratch. Can't say the same for the car.

Turns out my parents are sick of Odette's immature attitude and I have to say, I was sick of her since she decided putting Nair in her boyfriend's facial would be hilarious. It certainly was not when he almost got a first-degree burn.

Needless to say, they aren't together anymore.

Thanks to my sister's "pranks", she turned out to be a huge problem child for my perfect parents. What else would any wealthy parents do about their annoying daughter than send her to boarding school so some strict adult can shape her up. That's exactly what's to become of me in only a few minutes.

So why me? I certainly didn't do anything. Only I did. It's nothing related to this ordeal, but when I was younger, I did something very bad. If anyone, but especially my parents find out, I—

Well, that's where Odette comes in. Black mailing is a charm that I would consider Odette's superpower. She's used this secret of mine to have me wrapped around her finger since the day it happened. Luckily, Odette isn't too pushy when it comes to me. Until today.