Chapter 3

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING** Mentions of sexual assualt in this chapter. Sorry, again if this makes anyone uncomfertable.

Emil POV: 

Everyone in this room is somehow emotionally connected to Rose one way or another, wether she is like a sister or daughter or neice, we all love her. She has been apart of our lives since she came here and helped us thought so much; panic attacks, anxiety, flashbacks, etc. She has been there for us no matter what. To hear that she has gone through something so tramatic is heartbreaking for so many of us, not including the fact that she hid it from everyone. My thoughts were interrupted by Alberta continuing to explain the situation.

"He said that he asked if she would have liked to meet her father and she said that she would, but that no one would someone so broken and used. He said that she looked as if she wanted to take it back, then sprinted to her dorm. He just went up there to see if she will talk to him because she seems to open up to him more."

"Why?" Asked Yuri.

"I think that he is her soulmate." When she said this everyone in the room had a smile on their faces. It was like the light in the dark. "Also he thinks that he knows who her father is and he will be here in two days."

"Who does he think that her father is?" I questioned.

"Abe Mazur." She answered with a faraway look in her eyes, that most of us have come to know whenever Abe Mazur was mentioned. 

Abe is Alberta's soulmate. They met when she was on her first assignment when let guardians guard people for a certain amount of time, usually four to six years, and then work for academies around the world to train the novices. When the old head guardian stepped down, Alberta applied and was accepted as the new head guardian. That was 20 years ago. Yup. She's been head guardian for 20 years, the best one that St. Vladimir has had in centuries. Now most of the guardians here have worked for more or less 15 years. Now most of the rich and or royal moroi think that they deserve guardians and that we are tools to be used for whatever the please. They only think of the now and if their are enough 'human shields' instead of having the best train the next generation. 

"Wow. Our little rosie is about to get a lot more scary if he is her father." I commented and the whole room bust out in laughter until Alberta's phone rang.

Dimitri POV:

I left Alberta's office and quickly rushed to the novice dorm building. Walking up the stairs to the top level, I realized that I din't actually know which room was hers or that I didn't know that the top level was the female novices floor. But now that I think about it, it makes sense. There are easily ten times more boys than there are girls, so why not give them their own floor. 

When I got to the top of the stairs I was drawn to the third door on the right. I was about to knock on the door when I heard the most beautiful vioce singing, I slowly open the door to see Rose singing,

Early in the morning I still get a little bit nervous
Fighting my anxiety constantly I try to control it
Even when I know it's been forever I can still feel the spin
Hurts when I remember and I never wanna feel it again

Don't know if you get it cause I can't express how thankful I am
That you were always with me when it hurts I know that you understand

I don't wanna lose control
Nothing I can do anymore
Trying every day when I hold my breath
Spinning out in space pressing on my chest
I don't wanna lose control

Sometimes I still think it's coming but I know it's not
Trying to breathe in and then out but the air gets caught
Cause even though I'm older now and I know how to shake off the past
I wouldn't have made it if I didn't have you holding my hand

I don't wanna lose control
Nothing I can do anymore
Trying every day when I hold my breath
Spinning out in space pressing on my chest
I don't wanna lose control

I need you to know I would never be this strong without you
You've seen how I've grown you took all my doubt
Cause you were home

I don't wanna lose control
There's nothing I can do anymore
I don't wanna lose control
Nothing I can do anymore (anymore), anymore
Trying every day when I hold my breath
Spinning out in space pressing on my chest
I don't wanna lose control

She stopped playing her guitar as she opened her eyes and looked up. She say me and jumped. 

"Oh my god. What are you doing here? How long have you been there?Wh-" She fired question after question at me until I cut her off. 

"Roza! Calm down. I came to check up on you and I heard you singing. It was really good." I said as I walked over to her closing the door. "Are you okay though? You just ran off."

"Yeah, I'm fine sorry about that. I just panicked."

"Why?" 

I could tell she was about to break so I rushed over to her and wrapped her in my arms. She tensed at first, but quickly relaxed into my embrace and broke down crying. 

A/N: I didn't know how I was going to put this part so I just put it into Dimitri's thoughts.

She told me how two years ago, just after her fourteenth birthday, she was raped by someone who, she thought of, as family. She said that she wasn't ready to say who as he still visited the academy regularly and was some of the only family that Lissa had left. The fact that she hadn't even told her bestfriend to spare her from hurting was truly unbelievable. After I got her calmed down again, she curled up against me and fell asleep. 

Talking out my phone, calling Alberta, hearing her voice answer. 

"Hello, Head guardian Petrova. How can I help you?" 

Alberta POV:

"Hey, Alberta, it's Dimitri. I got into her room and she spilled."

"Really? What'd she say?" I said hoping that his assumption was wrong.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said, then sighed.

"Did she say who? Because when I find our who hurt my little girl they are going to pay." I said angry crying.

"No, she broke down and told what happened and when, but she didn't say who."

"Okay. Where are you? And what is she doing?" I asked worried for my daaughter.

"I'm in her dorm room. When she broke down she curled up against me and fell asleep." He answered like I should have expected it.

"Okay. Are you going to stay with her?" I questioned him hoping he would.

"Yeah, I think she's my soulmate."

"I know. I happy for you, just take care of her she's been throught more than anyone can imagine." After I said that he hung up.

No one's POV:

When someone finds there soulmate they open up easily and they read eachother like an open book. They can have a whole conversation in one look and they become extremely protective of each other. No matter what they are, moroi or dhampir, can have children together. 

For the moroi, they find their soulmate pretty easily, usually between the ages of 15-25, but it is not very likely for a royal moroi to marry their soulmate because they are usually forced to marry another royal family by their parents. The non-royal moroi usually end up marrying their soulmate if their soulmate is not royal and forced to marry someone else.

For the dhampir, it is extremely rare for them to find their soulmate because they don't have as much freedom as a novice and when they graduate they have little to no freedom. If, on the rare ocassion that they do find their soulmates, it is frowned apon to be in a relationship as an active guardian, and to marry as a retired guardian. 

The moroi think that the dhampir are human shields that they can hide behind until they need a new one, or they don't do something that the moroi want them to do. The dhampir are supposed to hide behind a mask and have no emotion, be almost invisible until they aren't.