Chapter 8

Abe POV:

After about fifteen minutes of wainting with Alberta in my lap there was a knock in the door. Alberta moved to get up, but I held her waist.

"No, you are staying here. I have had enough time apart from you." I said, actually thinking about moving here not only to be closer to my wife, but also my daughter. 

"Okay. Come in." She sighed.

Dimitri and a girl that looked about 16 with brown almost black waist-length hair. She was wearing what looked to be a guardian uniform, a white blouse and black pants. She took one look at Alberta on my lap and burst out laughing. A light blush spread across Alberta's cheeks as she turned to glare at me. Dimitri looked like he was trying not to laugh and was standing to close to my daughter, if you ask me. When, who I assumed was Rose, stopped laughing she started to play with the one of the many rings covering her fingers. 

"Hi." She said shyly and, almost subconciously, scooted closer to Dimitri. 

"Please tske a seat." I said gesturing to the seats infront of Alberta's desk. Once they both took a seat I started talkign and introducing myself.

"Hello, Rose, My name is Abe Mazur. I have been looking for you since you were taken from me when you were almost a year old. Janine Hathaway left with you and she told me that if I had asked her to take me to you, or at least tell me, that she would go to court and say that I raped her and then killed you. I don't know what happened to make her think that she could just take you away from me and just get away with it. I promise that she will pay for taking away my child's childhood and the precious time that I could of had with my beautiful daughter." She was smiling by the time that I called her beautiful, like she had thought that I wouldn't want her. How could I not want my daughter? I could tell that she had been through a lot and that I would have to gain her trust slowly.

"tamam baba, teşekkür ederim." She said with a little smile on her face. (Okay, dad, thank you.)

I was shocked that she could speak Turkish and that she had called me dad. 

"rica ederim kızım." I replied in Turkish as well. (You are welcome, daughter.) 

"Would you like to go to Missoula?" I asked her because I could tell she wasn't spoiled, she lived off of the bare minium and that would change now that I was here.

"Sure, but I don't have any money." She said excited, but unsure. 

"Oh, kızım, you have more money that the Ivashkov family combined with just your trust fund." I said, my smile growing as her jaw dropped. 

"WHAT?!" She shouted, like she couldn't belive that she even had a trust fund. 

"You have a trust fund, but until you can use the money in that or if you ever need anything then you can come to me and I will be more then happy to give you money or whatever you need." I said. 

"Oh okay. Well, then I would love to go. I need to get y hair done too." She replied.

"Why?" I asked confused. She looked like she took good care of her hair and looked like she loved it long.

"I want to get highlights and three inches taken off, because everytime I lose someone important to me I cut off one inch. I allow myself to grieve until my hair grows back and then I move on. I remember those left behind, but they are never forgotten. I also get tattoos that represent that ones that were closest to me, so I need to do that to." She rambled on about something that she was passionate about, family.

"Okay, then love, couldwe go?" I asked her.

"You don't need to ask me. Just take some of the guardians that you brought with you." She said looking back at me.

"I asked because I wanted you to come with." I said knowing that if she said back that she would be working, instead of resting. 

"But love, I have work to do." She whined.

"Then I will get Pavel to do your work for you, you are coming with us because if you stay here you are going to overwork yourself." I said already texting Pavel to come down to her office. Alberta just sighed and started to make a list of things for Pavel to do, knowing there was no use in arguing with me. 

About five minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Alberta said finshed with the list, standing up and handing it to him, and explaining a couple of the things to him. 

"Okay, Rose. Let's go to the garage and I will get a couple of my guardians to meet us there." I said standing up and moving around the desk.

"Okay." She said turning around and I saw a few marks on the back of her neck as her hair was in a ponytail.

"Wait." I said and she turned around.

"Yes?"

"You have marks . May I see them?" She didn't answer, just turned around and moved her hair to the side. 

There were a series of marks. Three kill marks on either side of her neck and a space in the middle where her promise mark would fit.

"Çok üzgünüm zavallı bebeğim." I said turning her around and hugging her tight. (I am so sorry, my poor baby.)

"It's okay Baba. It was to protect the people that I love. Family makes everything worth something, even if it is nothing." She said. 

"Okay guys, ready to go?" Alberta asked sensing the tension.

"Yup." Rose said popping the 'p' like we weren't just talking about her kills. 

We walked to the garage and meet up with four of my guardians. Then we all got in and drove to Missoula.