Chapter 12

Dimitri POV:

Roza suddenly stopped in the middle of the side walk and looked like she was scared. I haven't seen her scared in the couple days I've known her. She is the kind of girl that can get through anything and it scared me seeing that she was scared. 

"Guys, something's wrong." I said with an urgency in my voice that immediately made everyone on alert and the guardians surronded the moroi, Roza, and I. 

"What's wrong, Belikov?" Pavel asked me.

"I don't know, she just spaced out and she looks scared." I answered him and grabbed Roza by the shoulders. "Roza, look at me. What's wrong?" I asked her when her eyes focused on me.

"Do you have an extra stake?" She asked me, instead of answering y question.

"Yes, why?" I said pulling out two extra stakes, putting them in her outstreched hands.

"Strigoi." She said like in was a normal day. "Get the moroi to the car." She said about to walk off.

"No, Roza. I'm not letting you fight strigoi by yourself. Let me help you." I said holding her wrist.

"Dimitri, get the moroi to the car and then if I'm not done by the time that they are safely in the car you can come and help me." She said starting in a no nonsense tone and ending in an almost annoyed voice. Knowing that she wasn't going to budge on this I quickly took the moroi to the car and then walked in the direction that she went in.

Rose POV: 

I walked off following the nausea to a dark alley. I walk to the back of the alley to see six strigoi, three girls and three boys, each feeding off of a different person with three people on the ground. 

"Hey!" I shouted getting the attention of all of them, they dropped they people they were feeding from and turned to me. 

"What, bitch? You want some too?" The biggest one asked. He looked the oldest strigoi-wise and he seemed to be the leader. I ingored them and walked closer to them talking off my jacket.

"No, but I think that they should at least have a fight." I said. 

"Who, you?" He asked making all of them laugh like it was the funniest thing they had ever heard.

"Yeah, I'm sure you've heard of me." 

"Who are you, a bloodwhore?" One of the women asked.

"I am Team Thorns captain." I said then whistled so loud that the strigoi had to cover their ears. No, I didn't whistle to cause the strigoi pain, although that is a bonus,  I whistled because only strigoi and shadowkissed people, or animals, can hear that specific kind of whistle depending on who it is directed to. Each shadowkissed group has their own whistle. My whistle calls all of the animals that either Lissa or myself have ever saved. 

Yup, that's right. I have magic too. All shadowkissed people can control all of the elements: fire, air, water, earth, spirit, darkness, metal, wood, plants, and the weather. With spirit I can use telenesis, super compulsion, healing, see sensory, dream walking, levitation, creating illusions, and mind reading. It's alot more than with a moroi because I can use all of them a usual moroi can only use four or five if not less at a time. It took a while to learn to control all of my powers and have no one knowing about them, but eventually the guardians found out and they are now part of Team Thorn. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of hooves and paws on the ground. I turned around to find that it was all the animal members of Team Thorn. All of the shadowkissed animals had brought their families with them because we believe that no matter what family is the most important thing, so we never leave anyone behind. The little ones become a part of Team Thorn when they are fully grown.

"Hey guys." I said bending down to play with the young ones pawing at my legs. Echo, the leader of the shadowkissed animals sat down beside me.

"Hey Echo." I said petting her head. 

Team Thorn is like a wolf pack, I'm the Alpha and Echo is second in command. 

"Okay, guys, get in formation." As soon as I said that, everyone formed a circle around the little ones with me in the front. 

"Yeah right there is no way you are Team Thorns captain. You are just some dhampir tyring to be bitten. Call some random animals doesn't make you famous." Said the leader of the group.

"Oh really, what about now?" I said using all my powers at the same time. 

"Holy shit." The second woman said and turned to run.

"No, you don't." I said using levation to hold them all a couple feet above to ground. "Were you turned forcefully or by choice?"

"I wish it was by choice." Said the first woman.

"I agree." Replied two of the men.

"I was turned in a battle." Replied the last man looking sad.

"I was turned when strigoi invaded my house." Replied the second woman.

"I was forcefully turned by my father." The third woman said looking down.

"Okay." I said slowly putting them down. "I want you to be prepared for this and, please, remember that you could not control what your bodies did. It wasn't you.Okay?" I asked, my voice softer.

"What are you doing to us?" Asked the third woman.

"I am going to change you back to your original race and if you don't want to you don't have to stay in the moroi world. You can go and live your lives." 

As soon as I finished explaining what I was going to do, I put out as much spirit as I could, so that it would bring them back from being strigoi and would heal the people they were drinking from. The humans would stay unconcious, becuase spirit can only heal them, it cannot wake them up. 

The little ones went to comfort the crying dhampir and moroi. 

"Thank you, little ones."

"Roza?" I turned to see Dimitri staring at me.