Chapter 15

A/N: Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted in awhile it has been really busy.

The sound of someone clapping startled us after I finished singing. I turned around and saw Baba waking towards us with a big smile on his face. (father)

"Baba, what are you doing out here?" (Father)

"Alberta has ome work to do, so I was going to look for you and she said that you are most likely going to be over here." He explained looking at my paintings on the wall. "Did you paint all this?" He said pointing to the wall.

"Yeah, it gets boring here after a while." 

  "It is amazing and not just the art the song too." 

"Thank you, I wrote it for the Dragomir's funeral." I explained looking down.

"I think that they would love it." He said smling.

"Thanks, baba. Do you know what time is it? I wanted to met up with the academy orphans." I asked. 

"It's ten. Why do you meet up with the ophans?" He asked, after checking his watch.

"I used to be one of them. I know what it is like to feel like you have no one. So I try to meet up with them at least once a week." I explained getting down from the wall. 

"Okay, do you mind if I come with you?" Baba asked, looking hopeful. (father)

"Sure." I say. "Comrade, do you want to come too?" I ask because if want the people who I see as my family to meet my soulmate.

"I would love to come, Roza." I said, putting his arm around my waist. 

With that we all walked across campus to the elementary dorms.

Dimitri POV:

As we passed the elementary dorms, I asked Roza where we were going. 

"Roza, we passed the dorms." I say very confused. 

"I know, I meet up with the them at least twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays and then usually on the weekends as well, and we always meet up in the same spot. (A/N: I realized while writing this that I don't have what day it was so, let's say it is Friday, the 23rd of December. The moroi started Christmas break on the 16th od December, but the dhampir start a week later, today. Rose got yesterday and today off because Kirova let her go shopping with Abe, because of who Abe is.)

"Where?" Abe asked her, with a soft smile on his face. I think that is the first time I have seen him with a smile on his face in public. 

"A little clearing in the woods." She said like it was the most normal thing, having children in the woods in the harsh winter weather of Montana. We didn't question her though, just silently followed behind her. 

After a little while we got to the edge of the woods and she stopped, turning to face us.

"I will warn you guys, they don't trust very easily and will probably be a little bit skittish. Okay?" She explained, and from the look on her face I could tell that she deeply cared about these people. 

"Of course, моя любовь." I answered. (My love) "I wouldn't want to scare them." Abe said.

"Thank you." She replied turning around to continue walking.

After about five minutes she stopped in a clearing in the woods.

"You guys can come out now, I just me. I want you all to meet some people who are very important to me. They won't hurt you." She called out, walking into the center of the clearing.

"Stay there." She said to Abe and I, so we stayed standing on the edge closest to the way we came as she layed down. 

Abe looked at me curiously and I just shrugged in reply, silently saying I had no clue what she was doing, when all of a sudden there were ten children, five teenagers, and all of the shadow kissed animals running out from all directins laying next to or on top of Rose, while all of them were laughing. 

I look over at Abe and he had a wistful look on his face, like he wishes he had time with her when she was little, making he laugh, watching her first moments, first steps, first everythings, and that he could protect her from all the evil she has faced. I nudge him with my shoulder to get his attention.

"Hm." He hums, looking at me. 

"You know, that she doesn't blame you for missing her childhood." I said, knowing that he blames himself.

"I know, but I can't help but feel like it is my fault. I missed everything, and I let Janine threaten me into staying away from her. I knew that she is evil, but I still stayed away, hoping that Rose would be okay." He said, looking back at Rose, watching her smile at the children surrounding her. 

"She is okay. She has plenty of people that have supported her through everything and even though you couldn't be there, they could. She doesn't blame you for anything, she blames Janine, and everyone who has hurt her. Sure, at first she was hesitant to meet you, but that is because she has mental barriers up, and it is hard to get past them. I have only known her for a little while longer than you have, but if you really try to prove that you trust her, then she will open up. She has already started to open up to you." I explain.

"Comrade, Baba, come here I want to introduce you to some people." Roza calls us. We walk over to them, but I notice that the children slowly move ehind her and the teenagers. As I got closer Echo ran over to me and nuzzled up against my leg.

"Hey Echo." I said as I pet her head, as soon as I did that, and Echo didn't have a negative reaction, they all released their breath simultaneously,and relaxed slightly.

"Guys." Roza said getting thier attention. "This is my father, Abe, and my soulmate, Dimitri." She said pointing at us. "I recently found out that I had a father and my mother never told me, so that is why I was an academy orphan and I recently meet Dimitri when he came to the academy to guard. You don't have to be scare of them because if they even make you cry I will beat both of their asses." She said. 

Abe and I slowly sat down a couple feet away from Roza and the children took their time coming up to us and introducing themselves to us. It took a little longer for the teens to come up to us, but we spent a couple hours with them.