Chapter 11

***PLEASE READ***A/N: There is abuse in this chapter, so if you are not comfortable with that do NOT read the flashback. I will put a quick summary of with happened in the flash back in bold right after it. 

Rose POV:

"Hey Rose, the highlights look good." Pavel said coming up to the table with four large boxes of pizza.

"Thank you. What kinds of pizza did you get?" I ask excitedly. What can I say, I like food and pizza is my favorite, other than chocolate donuts of course. 

"I got just cheese, one with pepperoni, one Hawaiian, and one with bacon." 

"Okay, that should be enough for all of us and the guardians right?"

"Yes, I make sure all my guardians are well fed, kız." Baba said looking at me with a knowing look. (daughter, dad)

I had a feeling he knew what guardians went through, and I'm glad my suspicions were correct. Even more so now that I knew he and Alberta were married. Everyone took a slice of pizza including the guardians, who were now sitting at the table with us, and we all talked while eating all of the pizza. 

Dimitri POV:

Ater eating Abe and Alberta, Roza and I, went our seperate directions to go shopping for Christmas gifts. 

"What did you get when you left?" Roza asked me when we walked the opposite direction from Abe and Alberta, holding hands.

"That is a surprise." I answered, smiling at her. 

"Please, Comrade, tell me what it is." She said looking at me with puppy eyes. God damn it, she knows I can never say no to those eyes. I pulled her to me and wrapped my arm around her shoulders while she wrapped her arm around my waist. 

"It's your Christmas gift, моя любовь." I said trying to resist. (my love)

"Fine, but at some point we are going to have to switch and I'll go with Alberta so I can get you a gift."

"You don't need to get me anything, Roza." I said looking at her.

"But I want to." 

"Whatever you want, мой дорогой." I said looking at her lovingly. (my dear)

Time skip to when they are leaving the mall. 

Rose POV:

Walking out of the mall it was already dark outside. Baba's guardians formed a tighter circle around us, focusing on their surroundings more. Suddenly I felt the familiar wave of nausea and I stopped dead in my tracks.

What people don't know about me is that I have died before, twice actually. The first time was when I was three years old, two months before she dropped me off at the academy.

Flashback:

Mommy was at work and I needed to complete my list of chores or I would get a punishment. Mommy left for work and the slam of the door woke me up at four o'clock this morning, moroi time. She left a list of chores for me to do on the fridge. 

- Mop the floors
- Vacuum the whole house
- Weed the garden
- Polish all wooden items
- Change all the bedsheets
- Fold the laudry 
- Cook dinner

You might be wondering how a three year old would be able to do all these things, but it is because I have the mind of a six year old. I age faster mentally, but physically I am a three year old. When mommy goes to work if I have extra time I go to the library down the road and borrow some books.

I started with mopping the floors and while they dried I vaccuum the carpets and rugs. I started as soon as I got up and changed knowing that mommy would know if I ate anything and would get extra mad. After that I changed the bedsheets and put the old ones in the washing machine using the step stool that mommy got so I could reach the top of the washing machine, dryer, stove, and oven. After putting the sheets in the washing machine I went outside to pick the weeds. It only took an hour because I always make sure that the garden is in top shape. I went inside and looked at the clock to see it was only eigth o'clock in the morning, so I folded the clothes in the dryer and moved the bedsheets from the washing machine to the dryer. After that I polished everything in the house, which took about two hours becuase we live in a medium sized house with a lot of stuff the mommy collected when ever she went on a work trip. After polishing I folded the bedsheets, putting them in the cupboard, and putting the dirty clothes in the washing machine. 

Seeing as it was only twelve o'clock I went down the road to the library. The lady at the front desk, Mrs. Adeline, was used to me walking in almost everyday.

"Hey, Rose, there is a special offer for a special customer. Free books, just for today." Said Mrs. Adeline. 

"Tank you, Mrs. Addie." 

"No problem, sweetie."

I skipped over to the children section, going to the books ages six to eight section. I picked up three books before walking out: Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, The Seven SIlly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman, and my favorite, The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss. 

When I got home I opened the door to find Mommy sitting on the couch looking furious. She looked up when the door opened, then made eye contact with me. I squeaked dropping the books.

"M-mo-mommy?"

"You, young lady, are in big trouble." She said standing up, stalking towards me.

"I-i am sowwy, mommy." I said backing up into the corner.

"You should have thought about that before you left the house, shouldn't you?" She asked, but it sounded more like a statement. She grabbed me by the hair and dragged me upstairs letting my legs bang against the stairs. She filled the bath with boiling water ripped of my chothes and pushed me in. I knew better than to scream, but I couldn't hold it in.

"Shut up!" She shouted at me, taking off her belt and wrapping it around my mouth making it so I couldn't scream. She left me there for thirtly minutes before taking me out and using me as her human punching bag, until I gave into the darkness. 

When I woke up I was against the wall in my room, not knowing what happened. I groan in pain trying to move, the door opened and I saw mommy walk into the room.

"Oh good your awake. I going to take up somewhere next month so make yourself look presentable, you have been out for a month. I've been having to give you liquids everyday to make sure you don't die." She said outting a plate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich with some blueberries and grapes on the side. 

That was when I knew something had changed, for worse or for better I didn't know.

End Flashback

Summary of flashback: Rose is three years old and has the mind of a six year old. She has to do all the chores while Janine works. When she finishes most of the chores she goes to the library picks three books. She goes home only to find Janine came home early. Janine kills Rose without knowing it and Rose is in a coma for a month while Janine gives her liquids to keep her alive. Janine tells Rose that they are going somewhere the next month, meaning the academy, and that she needs to be presentable, leaving her food.