Chapter 5

DPOV: 

I followed Roza out calling after her, but she only stopped when she got to the wall. She started talking to me, facing away from me.

"You don't have to pretend that you like me. I know no one wants a used broken girl to be their soulmate. Just go ahead and reject me now." I could hear the tears in her voice.

"Roza... I could never reject you. I know that we only meet today, but I don't thik that I could live without you. And what you went through, it only makes you stronger." I say walking up to her turning her around, gently wiping her tears with my thumb. "Your trauma is something that we will get through together, if you'll let me. I want to help you. I want you to meet my family, and then have a family of our own. I want to give you the best life possible after having your childhood ripped away from you. I would never reject you. Please, let me in. Let me help you. We can get through this together." 

"Are you sure because you c-could find someone that i-is so much b-better than me. I-i mean I'm broken and I've h-have a lot o-of trauma. And I-i get nightmares a lot and I h-have depression and anxiety a-and eating disorders. Are you sure you want to deal with all that?" She said while crying. The look in her eyes was burned into my mind, the broken look in her eyes and the vulnerbility on her face. 

"I'm sure, Roza. I know that I've only known you for a little bit, but I already know that I love you. I want to teach you Russian. I want to have a family of our own. I want you to open up to me about your trauma. I promise I could never reject you."

"I love you too." She said looking into my eyes with a smile on her face. 

"Do you want to go back to your dorm?" I asked her seeing her start to get tired.

"Can we cuddle?" She asked hopeful.

"Of course, baby." 

APOV:

I looked at the other guardians and then I ran out of the room following Rose and Dimitri, knowing that the other  would follow me. When we got to the wall we heard them talking so we all hid behind the trees far enough away that they couldn't hear us, but we could hear them.

When they left to go back to Rose's dorm, I came out from my hiding place along with all the other present members of team Thorn. 

"I think we can all agree that he is made for her." I said to the rest of the group, which replied with a series of 'Yeahs' and 'obviuoslys'.

"Wait!" Called out Celeste. "We can still threaten him right?" She asked hopeful. "I was really looking forward to that."

"Yes, you can still threaten him, but make sure that he doesn't leave because of it. Though he doesn't seem like the time to do that. He seems like the type to threaten a mafia boss bodily harm if said mafia boss hurts the love of his life regardless if he is married to his boss or not." I said to them, but it's not like I would secretly threaten my husband if he hurts my daughter. Yeah, totally wouldn't do that. "Okay everyone, you can go back to whatever you guys were doing. I'll call you when Abe gets here." I said knowing that some of them were working. 

I was so happy for my daughter. Well techincally she's not legally my daughter yet, but she has been my daughter since Janine dropped her off at the academy. 

Flashback: 16 years ago

Janine dropped Rosemarie, Rose as she likes to be called, off at the front gates two days ago. Rose is three years old, the youngest that a child could be legally left at an acadmey. She left Rose in a stroller with a little blanket, maybe the size of  the top of a small bedside table. I was on patrol, the first shift of the day, and around five'o'clock in the morning I saw the retreating form of Janine Hathaway to a black SUV and a stroller right outside of the furthest ward line about 100 meters from the front gate. It was like she was trying to get her child killed. We have multiple ward lines, one 100 meters out, 50 meters out, 25 meters out, on the wall surroundinf the school, and where the old wall was 25 meters in, she had multiple chances to atleast protect her child a little bit from strigoi. 

I quickly ordered the guardian that was monitoring the front gate, that also should have been paying more attention, to open the gate. As soon as the opening in the gate was big enough for me to slip through I was sprinting down the road to get to the stroller before some blood thristy strigoi got to it. 

When I got to her I immediately ran with the stroller to the infirmary and got her checked out. Thankfully she was fine, but when he woke up she was scared shitless. She was crying and screaming for her mommy. I came in because Dr. Olendski said that since I brought her in maybe I could calm her down. 

As soon as I walked into the room Rose stopped crying and looked at me with her big brown eyes. 

"Hey Rosie." I said to her walking up to her and sitting in the chair next to her bed. 

"Hi." She said waving. "Who you?" She said in the cutest voice.

"My name is Guardian Petrova, but you can call me Alberta." I said.

"Mommy Allie!" She screamed and then jumped into my arms with her arms around my neck. I almost burst out crying when she called me that.

"Wow! Aren't you a strong little girl. Why don't we go to my office and we can get you a place here?" She didn't say anything, just nodded her head. I stood up and started to walk to the front office of the infirmary to tell Dr. Olendski that I was leaving with her.

I noticed that she was incredibly intelligent and strong for a three year old, it was more the level of a five or six year old.

When we got to my office I got her blanket from her stroller that I put in my office after Dr. Olendski took her. 

"Here you go Rosie." I said giving her the blanket after I put her down on one of the couches. Then I noticed a paper in the stroller and unfolded it. It was Rose's birth certificate without the father's name and the second peice of paper was the one that a legal parent or guardian could give all rights to the academy. 

I was furious. I couldn't believe that Janine Hathaway would give away her child.