Friend or Foe?

(No POV)
.
"I've set aside this room for you." Isabella led her hand towards the room Sister Krone, would stay in. "Thank you. It's perfect." Krone smiled. Meanwhile, the four friends watched on the staircase. "That's sure gonna be inconvenient." Ray said, leaning against the wall "she's between the three children's rooms." Emma said slightly worried. "It'll be easier for her to watch us." Norman said "...like a hawk." (Y/n) added. Krone turned around. So the four smiled, well three. Ray didn't smile.
.
.
.
(Norman's POV)
.
"I was so focused on the trackers. That them getting an extra adult never crossed my mind." I said looking down. "We should be happy about this." Ray said with his arms folded. "Be happy? Why?" Emma asked, not. understanding. "He means with Carol and sister Krone here. We have two new sources of information." (Y/n) answered Emma's question.
Ray nodded at y/n figuring out what he meant. "Your right!" I exclaimed. "But there's a few things..." (Y/n) trailed off. "Yeah. Like, where did they come from?" Ray asked. "I suppose Carol is here to replace Conny." I realized. "So there replenishing merchandise?" Emma asked.

"Seems to be so. If this place is a farm, there has to be a base somewhere..." (Y/n) said slowly trailing off. "...Yeah. A base where they prepare the one-year-olds to be sent out." Ray claimed. "So, do you guys think we ALL came from that place at some point?" Emma asked. "Probably." Ray sighed. "Maybe mama and sister came from there too" (y/n) implied. The three nodded in agreement. "It's significant

there's other adults other than mom. Could there be more farms?" Norman questioned.
"If so, are the demons always under their control, when they're born? Or after they're captured?" (Y/n) asked. "We'd need to focus on how to escape with everyone. Considering there's two adults, plus a newborn." Ray phrased. "What about the tracking devices? We need to find those." I said. Looking at Ray. "I searched over all my body." Emma answered.

"Same here." (Y/n) said scratching the back of their neck. "There's no signs of a scar, nor are they on are clothes." They said as they leaned against a bookshelf. "Based on mankind's existing technology, it most likely uses radio waves." Ray remarked, "..And that requires batteries. Batteries that are able to last over almost a decade. That's small, that doesn't leave a scar, that wouldn't have existed in 2015. " (Y/n) added to Ray's statement. "Meaning?" Emma questioned. "It's going to be like finding a needle in a haystack." I sighed. "We need to figure out how to break it." Ray said, crossing his arms." I looked down for a second thinking of where it could be. Then I looked up shocked in realization. "Carol."
.
.
.
(No POV)
.
"I'd like to thank you personally for giving me this opportunity to come
here." Krone vocalized to Isabella. "Oh please, I only made a request for an assistant. It's not like I called for you specifically." Isabella spat.

As Isabella walked to the other side of the room, Krone piped up. "I've heard a number of great things about you. Like how your the youngest selected to be a mom and caretaker, producing the highest grade merchandise among any of the plantations.." She gushed.

"To be working with someone I admire,
It's truly an honor." She said slightly bowing. "I'll have to need for lip service. " Isabella said, looking through papers. "...and I have no time for small talk so let's get to work." She said, laying out files. "These are documents of each of my precious children." She looked at Krone. "Memorize each of them now. It should be easier than getting perfect scores on your daily test." Krone's face went from shock, to smiling. She nodded her head and looked through the files. "Why do you need an assistant anyway?" She asked looking though files, "They found out the secret" Isabella said staring directly at Krone.

She gasped in horror. "..they saw the truck too." She added "W-Well according to the rules, we must find them and ship them out now!" Krone said walking to the door "Stop it. Right there." Isabella demanded. She walked over to Krone and put her hands on either side of her face, yanking her down to her level.
"It's alright. I already have a good idea on who the suspects are." "You do?" Krone asked. "Yes, it's probably the older children. Specifically three. We just have to ensure they don't escape before shipment. Special doesn't even begin to describe my children. And this is all beneficial for the plant." She continued. "So.. your not reporting it?" Krone asked "Not yet."
.
.
.
- with Ray, Norman, and (y/n) -
.
(Ray's POV)
.
"The kids all adore her" Norman said, looking to the other side of the room "How do we make someone out to be the bad guy?" I asked. "Yeah. Everyone loves Krone." I heard (y/n) say. "Exactly." Norman said turning his head back to the dishes he was cleaning. "I'm more worried about the demons being notified. Cause if they know we escaped.." Norman trailed off. "They'd come look for us. And kill us." (Y/n) added. They had a shake in their voice. "There's only one way to prevent that. The grown ups will have to be.." I started. Motioning the two to look at the fork in my hand. I was making a stabbing motion. I looked at the two with narrow eyes. Trying to get my point across. Suddenly, Krone was behind us. She smiled.

"Your Norman, your Ray, and your (y/n), am I correct?" She said looking back and forth at us. "Yeah?" I questioned. She smiled. "I heard you get perfect test scores!" "Yeah.." (y/n) was cut off by Krone "that's amazing. Nice to meet you three. I know we'll hey o get perfectly. " I shook her hand. She looked over to Norman and (y/n) , giving them a bone-chilling grin. Then she was gone. "Did she hear us?" (Y/n) asked worried "I don't think so," Norman closed his eyes and sighed. "We're okay.. that woman.. I don't think she came here just to watch us." he continued on. "What are you saying?" I looked at the two. Mostly asking Norman what he meant. "She looked like she suspects us."
.
.
.
-later that night-
.
.
.
(Isabella's POV)
.
"Regular check-in, Regular check-in." I said into the phone. "This is 73854. Plant three. October 17th. Situation normal. Now ending transmission." I continued about to hang up. "Isabella?" I heard a voice on the other line. "Grandma!" "I have a message for you from the boss. 'Those four can still be shipped out as scheduled correct'?" She relayed me the message. "Listen Isabella, this year, the other plants have been having disappointing harvests this year. And only your pant can deliver the highest quality goods, that will be offered during Tiffari." She went on. "Yes I understood from the start. Please tell the boss everything is going fine. You can have any child whenever you wish."
.
.
.
-meanwhile-

(No POV)
.
"I see. So they can be shipped? The one would most certainly be pleased by this news. Don't fail us. Only the only the special meal can be presented to the one. Now, let's celebrate the coming harvest." A large demon said around a table. He held up a red flower. Celebrating the harvests of children for their meals.
.
.
.
-the next day outside-
.
.
.
(Gilda POV)

All the children were outside. Ray and (y/n) were reading together like usual. I looked to my right, and saw Emma running with a ball in her hands. She ran over near the hill and threw it. She chucked it pretty far. She groaned out. While Ray and (y/n) I just ignored it. She stayed running to go get it. I was concerned for Emma. Little did know, sister Krone was watching me. I turned around and walked the other direction.
.
.
.
(Ray's POV)
.
I noticed Gilda walked away. Me and (y/n) looked at each other, taking the cue it was time to meet up with Emma and Norman, in the woods.
.
.
.
"Yeah there in a place No one would notice." I said pinching my ear. "I never knew about a mark when they took our blood." Norman said, also pinching his ear. "It disappears that quickly?" (Y/n) questioned. "I never even considered that would be it." Emma said hiding the blue ball in her hands. "..sorry" She apologized. "Don't worry Emma, you did great!" (Y/n) said giving Emma two thumbs up. "Yeah. We know know the location, and size of the device!" Norman added. "Onto the next step," Norman said "How to break it." We all said in unison.
.
.
.
(No POV)
.
"How would escape with all of the kids? Some don't have good stamina. And the babies can hardly walk. Also, how would we even train?" Ray asked. "Oh that's easy." (Y/n) said "Huh?" Norman questioned. Emma and (y/n) exchanged looks, then looked back at Norman and Ray. "We'll play tag."
.
.
.
"We'll be training, when it appears a tag!" Norman exclaimed. "Mom won't find out that way!" ( Y/n ) chirped. "I'll teach them how to push their bodies to the limit." Emma stated. "...As for sharpening their minds..." she trailed off. "Leave it to us." (Y/n), Norman and I, said. All the kids were running. Playing tag, when in reality, they were secretly training without them knowing. Jumping over things, running over logs, everything to build stamina. Some kids fell in the water at first though.
.
.
.
As all the kids trickled back, sister Krone approached us. Smiling. "Playing tag? Looks like fun. It's important I get to know ALL of you. So let me join in. This match will have a 20 minute time limit. I'll be IT this round! Now then.. run and hide~" She smiled creepily.

(Edited: 5/17/22)