Camera

(LOOK AT MY BOYYY)
-with mama and Ray-
.
(Ray's POV)
.
Mom, got me a camera as one of my rewards. I looked at it from all angles, fascinated by it. "Hey mom." She looked at me, I pressed the camera's button, catching her off guard with taking a photo. As the film came out of the slot, I took it out to look at it. "I see so nothing shows up here at first." I said surprised. "Your last reward is a camera huh?" Mom asked me. "I was just curious on how these things work, since I've only seen cameras and photographs and books. Y/n is curious about these too. If I were greedy, I would've wanted to develop them." I then looked down at the picture. Gasping. "Wow. It looks like you froze a moment in time!" Then I stood up. "...About that other thing. Can it wait till after lunch?" I asked. "Yes. That should be fine." She replied. I looked at her for a second, and left.
.
.
.
-time skip brought to you by Killua doing eyeliner-
.
outside, the next morning, I started taking pictures of everything because I wanted to see how this camera worked even more. Then y/n came up to me. "Is that a camera!" They looked so dazed by it. "Yeah." I replied. "That's so cool!" They beamed. "Hey, Y/n." "Huh?" As they looked up at me, I took a photo. "OWE MY EYES." They covered their eyes. I started laughing quietly, then it grew louder. "Ray- your laughing!" They looked happy seeing me happy. I threw my arm around them. "Idiot~ don't tell anyone. ok? Emma's gonna tease me for laughing since I'm normally a 'crank' as she says." I then looked down at the picture, my mouth was agape. They, we're truly an angel from heaven. I heard the others near behind us. So I took my arm off them, and we both looked at the four behind us. "Let's review." I said. Holding my camera with a tint on my face.
.
.
"Durning the free time we have after lunch, I'm gonna be distracting mom, meanwhile Norman, Emma, and Y/n will inspect above the wall. Don, Gilda. Stand outside where you can see the second floor window to the south. Stay alert. I'll signal to you if I'm not able to distract mom. And that's when you two tell the others to stop the inspection. According to our original plan, there are six days left. But we have the two and a half months till I get shipped out. So if things go wrong, we can bail. We do everything and pretend to be controllable." I said leaning against the wall.

"DON!!" Mark yelled over. "You should come play with us!" He was flailing his arms around with Rossi, Alicia, Jemima, and another kid. "Sure'! Are you ready to play tag?" Don and Gilda then ran over to five of them. "Ray, we need to talk." Norman said looking upset. So did Emma, but y/n was just as confused as me.

(Edited: 5/18/22)