Chapter 2 - Contact

—~~—~~—NATO Complex, Brussels—~~—~~—

Several of the NATO members have arrived once more in the council room, a large screen displayed on one side of the room as several people prepare the projector. Many were anxious at what the compiled discovery would be.

"Alright now that all available members are present now. Let us start things off." The man said eventually activating the projector which then displayed a map with unconventional dimensions depicting three unfamiliar landmasses to the southwest, west, and north.

"So this is the extent..." the British prime minister said

"As of now it Maybe appropriate to say that the Universal displacement theory has been confirmed. We are no longer on earth."

"...But how can this be...?! This defies every single law of science!" One man was understandably frustrated in processing this information. The rest of the hall followed suit.

"Please Calm down." The man said.

"We must first take in the situation, everyone must take note that a few nations and regions have suffered a bit in terms of agriculture and damages due to geographical Alterations likely caused by this world's larger diameter, which is still unexplained."

"As far as We're concerned, we must stabilize and provide for our populace. We should first handle the resulting food problems as we begin reconstruction."

"Whatsmore it is imperative reestablish direct connection with our allies Iceland and Greenland, as the majority of our vessels are conventionally powered, we can only hold so much fuel to travel around the distance from here *drags stick around the grameus continent and then to Iceland* to here. And Germany and Russia's nuclear powered vessels are few and are not built for the transportation of of the specified amount of food needed for Iceland's population."

"Then, How?" The Eylstadt Prime Minister asked. The man smiled at her, before pointing a stick towards the screen and dragging it in a circling motion around the mainland to the small continent to their southwest, pointing to the west continent, and then to a single strip fo land separating them from Iceland.

"...What?" She uttered, believing she must've misinterpreted what the man meant.

"We may need to conduct contact."

The council hall erupted with paranoia, before the spokesman spoke up once more for silence.

"As of now we have managed to discern the Technological level of our new neighbours, excluding the Northern landmass the one to our west has roughly Colonial era technology, while the one to our southwest has medieval technology ripe for influence."

"...That would mean trouble though... Medieval and colonial times have not invented any human rights laws or the Geneva conventions for that matter."

"...Which is why we may have to resort to utilizing military vessels instead of ordinary transportation."

"...Gunboat Diplomacy? I'm not sure if-" A Spanish individual hesitated.

"We are aware that this is a step backwards, but contact for what we need by any means possible is now a requirement. Before we could even manage to revitalize our agricultural regions, of course.

"..." the council fell silent as they think about the situation at hand. They also have to support and reconnect with Iceland to the northwest.

"I vote for contact." The Swedish Individual said

"I too vote for contact." And then The Finnish. Several more individuals would opt for contact with the specified landmass, and only that landmass for now. Four nations will be sent to conduct the first diplomatic contact, before other nations would send their own envoys. With Germany and Spain were chosen for the southwestern landmass, with Russia and the UK for the strip of land separating them from Iceland.