Chapter 11 - Eradication (2/2)

"Alright boy hang on there, we will soon reach the area." A wyvern rider by the name of Muller, said to his partner.
He was a part of the 12 wyvern units that were tasked to observe the perimeters around Ejey. Initially he was tasked to observe the area where the Hawk cavalry unit has vanished, but that assignment was delayed as he received an order to investigate the unexplainable communications sever from the Eastern Lords Division deployed to capture Ejey.

The cloud coverage as he flew towards ejey was high, his altitude gave him an uncomfortable chill but he nevertheless continued.

"...Huh?" Muller uttered as he stared at the fields and saw faint discolouration

"I think I see something... Hey partner, descend." He said, as they eventually dived. As he closed the distance between the fields and the ground, his eyes shot wide.

"What in the-?! What in the ASE is this?!"

The ground was littered with several scars, the once yellowish-Green fields were rendered black or grey. Several craters of varying sizes were also present. Muller compared it to something like an uninhabitable volcanic region.

He made his partner descend even further almost skimming the surface of the desecrated fields, several pieces of Armour in almost unrecognisable appearances, burnt body parts lay scattered, getting pecked at by black birds, things louria described as 'Symbols Of the Devil'. Nothing could even be recognized as human or horse.

"...I-I.." Muller couldn't express the horror he is observing.

Wyvern rider Muller eventually found a place to land. As he and his partner settled he took time to view his surroundings, a sense apprehension overwhelmed him as if he likened his surroundings as limbo.

"Is anyone alive out there?!" He yelled in concern, no response was heard.

He walked over to a nearby pile, picking up a piece of Armour. No doubt, it was worn by a lourian Soldier.

"...Could this mean... They were wiped out...-?" Just as he said that he was knocked back as several explosions suddenly erupted around him, and fell helplessly to the ground.

Deafening ringing resounding in his ears. His partner quickly reacted and covered him with the spread of his wings, as the explosions soon ceased.

As the explosion settled down a large amounts of dust flew in the air like a mist, the wyvern soon opened one wing, allowing Muller to crawl out and grasp onto his back, eventually managing to pull himself up, as he sat down, he leaned forward and he held the side of his head as the faint ringing continued.

It didn't take long until a strangely powerful gust of wind nearly pushed him off, forcing him to hold on tightly. The ringing in his ears began to subside gradually, as that occurred his partner suddenly started acting up.

"Boy! Settle down! Calm!" Muller yelled out trying to get his wyvern to stop, until a strange screeching noise pierced into his ears.

He slowly turned his into the direction where the Noise came from, which was coincidentally where the gust of wind seemingly originated. As he did so however, the dust quickly dissipated or was blown away and he stared face to face against a soulless monster just hovering right there. And he immediately felt his stomach churning.

 And he immediately felt his stomach churning