Chapter 9

After receiving the information of the enemy's main fleet discovery, 190 wyverns were sortied to attack it. Much of the operators and Patagene himself suffered from anxiety, after hearing the screams and pleas from the Wyvern riders before all communication ceased.

Patagene believed it must've been a minor set back with a number of casualties, and thought they most likely have finished the job. But so far, absolutely nothing.

And A cumbrous silence wafted inside the headquarters.

No report of them meeting with any other units, Not a single knight had returned

"Why they haven't returned?" Patagene asked with annoyance towards the operators who only remained silent. None of them even turned their heads to face Patagene.

...

'Could they have been... No. that's impossible, nothing in rodenius or in the great orient itself can surpass the wyvern!'
In oriental History, wyverns are revered as the strongest airborne creature. They were a valuable and non-expendable species, their numbers weren't that many, and many believed they could be rendered extinct in about a century or so.
Or specifically the third civilizations quasi-powers and the Barbaric countries, as the parpaldian empire apparently has the capabilities to essentially mass-produce wyverns or wyvern-lords.

The 500 wyverns of the Louria Kingdom, gathered to unite the rodenius Continent was a daunting force finally gathered after six years of military aide from Parpaldia.

With their overwhelming strength, they are surely able to conquer Rodenius Continent.

However that reality dwindled when they had lost around 60 wyverns during the successful But pyrrhic invasion of Gim, where they were unbelievably killed off by strange magic. Those reports were ignored and that the men must've hallucinated, caused by too much idealism, many surmised other more believable causes but none of them make any sense.

However the reality completely shattered when the 190 wyverns that were sortied had assumingly got eliminated.
Patagene didn't want to think about it. But just like the first 60 wyverns lost, there is a high possibility that they were annihilated by Enemy means.

Even if the enemy is an unexpectedly huge fleet, it is unthinkable that they could completely annihilate that many wyverns. Patagene eventually surmised Qua-Toyne May have been able to enlist the legendary Divine Dragon Bahamut.
But the main problem for him remains; In what way should he report to King Louria?

"Kh... Notify the vanguard, and order 50 wyverns to return back to headquarters."

"Yes, Sir." One of the operators responded.

———
—Principality of Qua-toyne, Lotus Garden—

"-And That concludes the report on the large naval battle in Rodenius's waters." Breweye said before setting down a piece of paper on the table. Several eyes remained fixated on him after he finished his explanation.

All those present remained silent.

"...Are you Alright?" One of the minister's asked Breweye.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"...I-... What kind of report was that? NATO sent out only 14 ships, challenged Louria's 4,400 ship fleet, and sunk approximately 4,200?! I can also say that I guess it's believable that they faced nearly 200 hundred wyverns with their own Wyvern Carrier-like Ships with those aircraft, but for none of them to face casualties at all?!" The minister voiced his disbelief.

"Yeah! That's the thing, You said there were absolutely losses on NATO's side, and our own fleet didn't even participate!" And another minister.

"If you told us right now that this was a fairy tale, I'd have said 'This far too ridiculous to even be a fairy tale, its more like a dream!'" And another minister said