Chapter 5 - Land to the East (2/2)

As their tour progressed the more baffled they became, First they were introduced to the TGV, it's speeds supposedly reached 500 kilometres per hour, faster than Mu's aircraft, and slower than theirs. Cars which they believed to be fast looked as if they were standing still, they didn't know how they created such a system.

And without incident, especially when Germany said their ally Japan has something similar, and the US was also building one.

When they arrived within the outskirt municipalities of new Berlin where the military base's show would take place. They all noticed the common citizens enter their bounds.

For the common folk to mingle with the military was something that was strange for Qua-Toyne Principality. However, seeing the huge number of people who come to observe, Hanki felt that this country's military was loved or at-least admired by the citizens.

They eventually arrived at a bleacher area and took their seats.

["The F-16 Fighting Falcon, a fighter aircraft developed by our close ally the United States, will perform an acrobatic flight. Please look at the sky on your right. The fighter will approach with a speed of 928 kilometres per hour."]
Everyone's eyes widened.

"W-What?!"

"Sir Legier...! Did... Did I mishear things?" Hanki agitatedly asked

"Im afraid not. The announcer is correct, 928 kph is the cruising speed for the F-16." He said with a relatively neutral expression, "Speak of which." Samuel said pointing to the distance

To their left, a grey object was approaching in silence. It wasn't long until a distinct noise was perceived. When the F-16 flew by the noise forced the delegates to cover their ears in shock.

"What a speed!" Arisu yelled, as the F-16 sped off into the distance, the roar of its engine reducing as the distance grew

"Here come the ground forces." Samuel said pointing to the field. Where everyone saw several iron carriages tread across the uneven terrain in the distance.

"That's our nation's bulkhead of intimidation, the Leopard 2 Main battle tank, this is the A6 variant

"That's our nation's bulkhead of intimidation, the Leopard 2 Main battle tank, this is the A6 variant." Samuel said to them.

Yagou took notice of the long tubes protruding forward, what caught his attention and sense of dread was that they were constantly moving as the tank crossed the terrain, it kept pointing straight forwards in a practically levelled position, it looked almost graceful. One of the leopards suddenly stopped in place before-

—BOOM

A bright flash emanated from the tip of the MBTs gun followed by a stream of smoke being evicted outwards, before the gun suddenly raised. A distant explosion from the HEAT shell of the tank was seen.

"Oh My God..." Yagou uttered.

"How much of those... Tanks, do you have access to?"

"Hmm... About— 4,109 Leopards, including the 2A5, 2A6, and 2A7 variants."