27

Ashton's P.O.V

"Sorry, sorry. Medyo napacross ako ng boundary don hahaha..." Napayuko si Gwyneth habang marahang minasahe ang batok niya. Kitang-kita ko ang pamumula ng mukha niya kahit na natatakpan pa ito ng buhok niya. It took me a while to answer her.

'I'm not that bad, right?' I thought about it over and over again. No matter how much or which angle I look at it, I really don't think it has gotten to the point where I am unapproachable. Or am I?

"Huh... Do I really... act that way?" Nakakunot ang noo ko nang tanungin ko siya. I'm not aware of how I act nor react all the time. Maybe my subconscious was working its fucked up way, not giving my conscious state full details of how I was behaving.

"Kind of...?" Naiilang niyang sagot, shrinking on her seat a little bit. I could see her fighting the urge to probe more into what she wants to ask me.

"Parang hindi naman?" It must've been bad if Gwyneth was behaving this way. To see her scared of asking me makes me question myself.

'I really need to start listening to people,' I do acknowledge that I can get quite stubborn at times, which I got from my 'mom'. I refuse to listen to other people sometimes because it makes me look down on myself. Parang sarili ko lang ang kakampi ko most of the time. I just find it hard to trust someone. Heck, I barely even trust myself and the words I say.

"Oo kaya! Tamo, nung unang meet natin, parang sasaksakin mo na ako nung phone na hawak mo!" Gwyneth blurted out. What she said made me laughed. I have never heard such absurdity before. And coming from Gwyneth?

"That's... kinda O.A," Parang ang over nga naman kasing pakinggan na yung mga tinginan ko palang ay ganoong nakakatakot. Someone who has that kind of look in their eyes would be Dexter. That guy not only could kill someone with his words but the murderous glare he would give you is terrifying.

"For reals! Para ngang may nagawa ako sa'yong kasalanan n'on eh kahit hindi pa ako nagsasalita," She pulled out a face that made me snigger more.

'Gwyneth really makes me wonder how the hell she can make such funny reactions,'

"I don't remember how I reacted though," I shrugged, admitting that I was not aware of how I was rude at them the first time we met. My first thoughts when Gwyneth was introduced to me was that she and her friend looks annoying, and persistent because of how they questioned me with their 'research questions'. Right, what an impression.

'But now that I am thinking back to that time, I could say she and Hera made a very unique impression and no one could top that,' They're like those weird little kids that ask you questions they're not supposed to ask.

"Pero bakit nga ba? Come on... Think about it. You act kind of weird around women like they did something wrong to you. Except don kay Bethany and sa nakausap mong babae na mukhang close friend mo," She gave me those 'bunny eyes' she always pull out when she's desperate for an answer. I cannot believe myself that I am actually contemplating on whether or not I should tell Gwyneth.

'How could I say no to those bothersome eyes? She'll continue displaying them until I said 'yes' anyways, so what's the point of not giving her the answer she so seeks?' Hindi naman ako nabibighani or whatever. I just find it annoying to have Gwyneth stare at me with those kind of eyes until I give in. Baka isipin pa ng ibang tao, inaapi ko siya.

I thought about it thoroughly, then a sudden idea washed over my thoughts. I wouldn't call it grand or something, but it was an idea that made our conversation feel fair. I am going to ask her something about her that I have been curious for a long time. This time gave me the chance to ask something about her. She seems secretive enough, so her asking about something about me that is personal gives me an opportunity to have the answers I was curious about her.